276°
Posted 20 hours ago

This Woven Kingdom: the brand new YA fantasy romance series from the author of TikTok Made Me Buy It sensation, Shatter Me (This Woven Kingdom)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There's also too much character exposition. Readers are capable of analyzing a character's personality without being constantly told character traits. I think this book would've been more enjoyable if Mafi showed us instead of telling us. Every inch of the interior space, high and low, glittered with arrangements of star-like patterns, all interwoven into a series of larger geometric shapes. The soaring domed ceilings glimmered from high above, a mirage of infinity that seemed to reach the heavens. Two large windows were thrown open to grant entrée to the sun: sharp shafts of light penetrated the room, further illuminating constellation after constellation of shattered glow. Even the floors were covered in mirrored tiles, though the delicate work was protected by a series of rich, intricately woven rugs.” The villain(s) were well written. There were a few villains in my eyes because I wanted to murder so many cruel characters. However, the main two were mysterious, pretty scary, and I wanted more interactions between them and Alizeh. Alizeh’s heritage as the heir to the jinn kingdom has been lost to time. She is now an easily forgotten servant that goes to painstaking lengths to ensure her anonymity. Meanwhile, the crown prince Kamran is hearing whispers of a prophecy foretelling the death of the king. What he does not expect is that the unforgettable servant girl with strange eyes is supposedly the one that will uproot her kingdom. What will happen next is anyone’s guess, but it’s certain to change their whole world. Let me just digest a few more minutes of what I actually got from the first book in this new series by Tahereh Mafi. It's been days since I finished it, still digestin.

This Woven Kingdom: the brand new fantasy romance series from This Woven Kingdom: the brand new fantasy romance series from

Alizeh fears the devil who haunts her and fears being killed for being a Jinn. She doesn't make choices out of fear, however. She spares a desperate boy who threatens her life when she could easily kill him, defends herself and others when threatened, and trusts in those who want to help her. Kamran is angry a lot, but mostly because he's frustrated with how his grandfather runs the country and both how much and how little is expected of him. He's to marry and have an heir, but he's not to have opinions about the threats his country faces. When he trusts his instincts and shows compassion, he's punished for it, but still knows it was the right decision. There is romance in this book with an instant love trope. The steam level is 1/5 but I hope it’s more in the next book because this reader needs all the spice. Also, what I would call a POSSIBLE love-triangle???? huh no. Not that I'm familiar with Persian culture, I told you first. lol That's why I'm nervously excited to dive into this. *hehehe* Clashing empires, forbidden romance, and a long-forgotten queen destined to save her people—bestselling author Tahereh Mafi’s first in an epic, romantic trilogy inspired by Persian mythology. To all the world, Alizeh is a disposable servant, not the long-lost heir to an ancient Jinn kingdom forced to hide in plain sight. The crown prince, Kamran, has heard the prophecies foretelling the death of his king. But he could never have imagined that the servant girl with the strange eyes, the girl he can’t put out of his mind, would one day soon uproot his kingdom—and the world. Perfect for fans of Leigh Bardugo, Tomi Adeyemi, and Sabaa Tahir, this is the explosive first book in a new fantasy trilogy from the New York Times bestselling and National Book Award-nominated author Tahereh Mafi. This Woven Kingdom (This Woven Kingdom, #1) by Tahereh Mafi – eBook Detailsthe servant girl that is bullied, disregarded, and beaten by the evil, evil housekeeper. 😢 The same servant girl who has MAGIC 🪄 and can sew BEAUTIFUL gowns 🤩🪡👗 but knows she can never wear them. The prince who doesn’t want to become king and carry all those responsibilities. 😠 You have to understand; NO ONE in his life understands him! 😭😭 Women are all either simpering stupid little princesses or evil! 👿 JUST LIKE HIS MOTHER! But lo and behold, there is one girl, so beautiful, so mesmerising, so enthralling that he falls head over heels in love with her at first sight! 😍😍 BUT SHE IS FORBIDDEN! 😱😱 SHE IS AN ENEMY OF THE STATE! 😨 Don’t you understand? She could be his family’s DOWNFALL! 😩 The book itself is very beautiful. I love the cover and the fact that the chapter numbers are written in the Persian language. It looks so beautiful 😍 As Alizah and Kamran begin to unfold the stories that surround each other, there’s more at stake than they realised. My thoughts on This Woven Kingdom In conclusion: I enjoyed Alizeh's pov and character more than Kamran's. Despite the romance being a bit disappointing, the plot and world building kept my interests in this first book. I’m planning on reading the second book mainly because I’m very invested in Alizeh, and I’m hoping the romance will develop more/be a bit more exciting. After that cliffhanger, I have a theory about the direction the romance might take in book 2 and I really hope it comes true. As far as the characters, I can't really pinpoint what I liked about each, because I didn't have the connection to anyone.

This Woven Kingdom Book Review | Common Sense Media This Woven Kingdom Book Review | Common Sense Media

Did you know you can flag iffy content? Adjust limits for Violence & Scariness in your kid's entertainment guide. Get started Close For she had learned long ago that when a home was not found it was forged. Indeed it could be fashioned even from nothing.” Cinderella-ish, my friends. Just read it! Though, I need to complain.. the romance is too few for me. I want moreee!! And it’s not just the insane lameness and utter unoriginality of the plot but that the book was lowkey steeped in misogyny. Except for our special self-insert 17-year-old main character ‘Alizeh’, there is not a SINGLE (and I’m not exaggerating here) likeable female character in this book. Except for one girl (who is portrayed as stupid, spoilt, easy to scare and terrify) that Alizeh befriends towards the end of the novel, every woman in this book is downright nasty. The MC doesn’t have any female friends; there are no female role models. Alizeh’s mistresses treat her like garbage, are jealous, frivolous, insensitive, or all three. The plot twist was also great and the introduction of the enemy was very detailed and still I have questions.Adults drink at a party and in a street gathering where they also smoke shisha. Talk of opium habits of the generals. Now the romance was good. This is definitely not slow burn but more love at first sight but oh wow that first kiss was amazing. An] illustrious tale of magic, court intrigue, and romance. Captivating readers from the very first chapter...A magnetic series opener that will delight fans of Mafi's previous series." - Booklist Kamran has a lot of potential (dark, broody prince, hell yeah), but he didn’t have enough depth to entirely convince me either. He felt a bit like a toned down version of Nasir in We Hunt the Flame. As a small thing, he was a character that I sometimes struggled with, as he is relatively immature but with enough power that it can be dangerous. He does begin to grow and learn during the story, so I think he will continue to mature in future books.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment