276°
Posted 20 hours ago

2pcs O-Rings Seal Rubber Gasket,Bath Plug Seal,Sink Waste Basin Click Plug Clear Rubber Rubber Seal Washer Gasket For Push-Type Pop Up Sink Drain Plug Metal Basin Plugs(31/39mm)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Just like with the kitchen sink flange, apply a good size of plumber’s putty or silicone caulk bead under the rim of the flange. I recently cut a hole in my utility kitchen worktop as part of my latest YouTube series. However, after plumbing up my new tap, I then needed to learn how to install the kitchen sink waste and trap.

The only thing that worked, was putting pressure against the plug with my fingers, while the sink filled up. When the sink was ¾ full, I could release my fingers and the plug would seal. I didn’t want to have to do this every time I filled the sink though. So under my sink its pretty straight forward there is a U-bend like trap that connects to a 90 degree fitting which at one end screws onto the U bend and the other end its a bit different.

International Customer

Apply the sealant. When you’re happy with the flow and you’re sure that the surface is completely dry, apply the sealant around the sink. Even pressure is important; maintain a steady flow to create a smooth layer of sealant that prevents moisture and mildew. I headed to Bunnings, because I had to get some plants, and enquired if I could get the new rubber seals so I wouldn’t have to replace the whole plug. Silicone caulk is a modern solution to sealing sink drains (among other applications), mostly preferred for its waterproof qualities. If properly done, a sink drain installed using silicone caulk can last for a long time.

Our collections by our couriers are happening as usual. As it stands, delivery times are not being affected too much. Please be aware though that Royal Mail and other couriers are sometimes prioritising essential items so please bear with us if your delivery takes slightly longer than expected. If you have a pop-up bathroom sink stopper (which is the case with most bathroom sinks), you will first need to remove the stopper before you can remove the flange. This is actually a really simple task so let is get down to it. For the latest information and advice on COVID-19, please refer to the latest updates by the UK Government.The reason you need to disconnect the P-trap is that it is always a good time to clean it as well. This is especially important if your sink is draining slowly as well. You can as well omit this step. Look for leaks. Wait for about 10 minutes looking for leaks from underneath the sink The level of water in the sink should not go down.

That is the only difference between the silicone caulk and plumber’s putty installation. Just like with the plumber’s putty, excess caulk will squeeze from around the flange. Wipe if off before it hardens. Testing the Seal The P-trap is the U-shaped part of your sink drain which looks like an inverted P. It holds a little amount of water at all times, preventing sewer gases from coming up to your house. Both silicone caulk and plumber’s putty however don’t last forever. The seal will after a few years (depending on how well it was installed) break and the sink will start to leak from the bottom/underside.Naturally, any sealant you use for sealing bathroom sinks or kitchen sinks must be waterproof and mould resistant. UniBond sanitary sealants are specially designed for use in the kitchen and bathroom; they create strong, flexible seals and offer long-term protection from mould. Remove old sealant. Scrape it off with a putty knife or cutting tool. Make the job even easier with UniBond Silicone Sealant Remover. Bosswhite I am not expert by any means, i work in I.T. so when it comes to these sorts of things I largely wing it or put my entire trust in a tradesperson. The kitchen was fitted 7 months ago and when it completed i did think the pipework looked little busy if not forced into position. The washing machine fitting does kind of "sit" on the connection but it can easily be lifted out of the way (there is quite a bit of play in the pipes). I don't think it makes that much difference once the waste nut is fully tightened (i could be wrong though). I guess if it does turn out to be this causing the fitting to loosen or not tighten properly then i will re-call the person who installed it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment