276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tamiya 300058568 Cars RC Neo Scorcher Buggy (TT-02b) 58568 1:10 Assembly Kit

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Please keep in mind i’m still pretty much a n00b and don’t have much experience with other RC cars and other types of buggies, so I don’t really have much to compare it to when making comments - I welcome your comments and opinions! The manual recommends no higher than 19T with the kit included 70T spur, however some sedan versions come with a 22T pinion on the same spur and the manual says you can go up to 25T so…? Someone else will have to weigh in on that. This is measured from the FRP plates of the TT02B MS kit damper plates. Pictured above are two variants of a rear damper plate with a 22mm drop from the standard buggy damper mount holes. All up though the buggies have been put through a lot, both by me and the kids, and have stood up fairly well. The main problems I’ve had have been with the upgraded pieces so I have no problem in recommending the Neo Scorcher as a great basher car.

I already have a TT-02 sedan setup as a drifter, plus another TT-02B buggy for the kids, and plan to experiment with a rally version so having multiple models running of the same platform is appealing re spare parts, etc

In terms of steering, with a bit of toe-out the Quakewave loved to drift around corners with minimal power whereas the 4WD of the Neo Scorcher continues to pull the front through the corners, and will only step the rear out under hard power / very loose surfaces. With the Neo Scorcher (actually, most buggies) I always like to push the car down to the floor and admire the dropped, low ride height, stance. (It’s a wonder I don’t have an on-road car as of yet. But in my typical fashion my first road car would have to be a modified off road car, I can’t just go out and buy one... who does that??)

Schumacher mini pins (soft, really for racing rather than ''bashing'' ), Schumacher Venoms are hard wearing 'carpet' tyres but look similar to the Traxxas Anacondas so could be good for hard ground too. dBoots have a good range of tyres too, in various compunds. Hopefully this will help other n00b’s out there as I’m very happy with the Neo Scorcher so far as an entry level basher buggy.The chassis manual won't mention the Torque Tuned motor since it is apparently a Neo Scorcher-specific hop-up item and not all TT-02B kits will have it. Jessalmighty - Sorry I haven't seen a metal bevel gear come up... I've stripped one of the eagle ones myself just using the afore mentioned 15t brushed... Having already built a sedan version of the TT-02 the first steps building the drivetrain and diffs are identical. ALEXKYRIAK BRAVO! BRA-*******-VO. That is brilliant. Love the custom bits and that body looks brilliant all low and fully covering the tub. The cut out for the steering link is inspired and full F1. The plastic drive components are admittedly a bit underwhelming, but the well-braced main driveshaft is an improvement over the DF01's coathanger or the DF02's floppy spaghetti. (That is not to say I wouldn't fit an alloy hop-up if I was to build myself one though.)

Special feature 4: Lightweight and rigid FRP damper stays sharpen the suspension, and offer a range of setup options. This is probably the area I’m most frustrated by – The ride height for the Neo Scorcher is quite low which is fine for just bashing around and it handles well, but take any sort of jump and it will bottom out hard all the time.The TT-02B is based on the TT-02 entry level multi-purpose platform designed to be easy to assemble for first time R/C kit builders. I have heard of others have experienced this problem and I note that the underside looks like it has spots for nuts so perhaps something to try there… Personally I would recommend a 4WD buggy to anyone just getting started – easier to control than a rear wheel drive. I think this is fine for acceleration / a basher / kids buggy ‘ driving round the front yard as more top end speed just equals bigger crashes and more repairs!

If a TT-02B does not appeal in its utility, then the photogenic Neo Scorcher body mounted on it should help win fans for looks. A clean and sharp paint scheme inspired by the original Terra Scorcher is very appealing on this body, which does well to hide its bulky shape required to cover the chassis. White sections, stripes, and windows are recreated using decals; these are likely better just painted on, using masking to achieve the desired effect. The Neo Scorcher is one of the first models released by Tamiya on their new TT-02B chassis, a buggy variant of their TT-02 entry-level touring car chassis. While the off-road chassis is still very fresh as this review is being written, I have had enough good fortune to experience building it. I was however driving on different surfaces with different tyres so take the above with a grain of salt. I love taking an entry level model and hopping it up – Yes it’s a waste of money (I should just pay more initially and get a better model), but I love tinkering with it and getting the best performance out of it. That for me is half the fun!

Special feature 2: Excellent drivetrain efficiency thanks to full ball bearings, plus aluminum propeller shaft and joints. I was googling TT02B road going versions and I found one guy who had done an MS with home made aluminium damper plates to drop the car low. So it had been done, now I could properly commit to the project. You can see a TT01 foam bumper plate fitted to the front. I used a standard mounting components, but had to get creative with how it all fitted together - a bit of dremel to the clamp and to the chassis, and some longer screws, which I’ll need to replace with flatter heads. Four different gear ratios can be applied with the use of three separately-sold types of pinion gears,

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment