276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent Eau de Parfum For Women, 50ml

£29.425£58.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I've owned many scents since then, but Mon Paris EDP is the fragrance I've come back to time and time again. Overall, it's not bad for a summer scent, but as with all YSL perfumes, spray sparingly so as to be kind to the noses of people who happen to sit besides you on public transport. I've only worn this during the summer heat which is fine but sometimes it's cloying/headache inducing.

Mon Paris doesn't turn on my skin as much as Scandal A Paris, but there's a hint of it when I dig my nose deep into the fragrance. The scent is just too sweet for me, even to the point of smelling synthetic, especially when I first sprayed it. Airy crystal white musk (three types of it), ambroxan and an intense patchouli duo (from Indonesian and Guatemala) provide the provocative classic chypre signature base. On me, this perfume lasted a long time just from one little spritz on my wrist, and I can still smell it quite strongly on the sleeve of the jacket I wore that day, so at least it has longevity which makes the over-pricing a bit less bad.and by the pretty bottle and colour of the perfume (reminiscent of Tresor Midnight Rose, which I adore).

Perfumes are often designed with top, middle and base notes, and designed to smell different based on the time after application. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. A whirlwind of luxurious femininity with an audacious edge, its tempting notes tell a tale of a love that’s upside down and anything but ordinary.

The sweet fruits are grounded by the double dose of patchouli, and the datura flower and white musk are a perfect base combo. I think sometimes you just need to wear something totally unpretentious, something that doesn't take life's hardships too seriously, and that makes you feel like the prettiest girl in the room. Definitely very sweet but when I wore it to work I kept getting a strong wiff of perfume and I was wondering who smelled so good and it was me! The peony shows up in the middle but isn't sharp or harsh, just a nice soft sweet pink floral breeze. Elegant yet with a flirty, playful side, I believe this sweet berry scent with a citrus fizz has enough depth and sensuality tempered by its chypre tones to be worn by someone of any age - as long as you have a twinkle in your eye ;) Not many years till I'm 50 - I don't see why I shouldn't be rocking this for another 50!

This type of synthetic, syrupy orange blossom is a mainstay of many mass-market modern feminine scents.It’s cute and I can see why YSL created it, because it’s a mass-appealer and I’m sure it’s making them a lot of money. Still, although it's an overplayed style of perfume, this is executed well and I find it hard to imagine folks not enjoying this.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment