276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Golden Hour: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sasada M, Williamson K, Gabbott D. The golden hour and pre-hospital trauma care. Injury. 1995;26(3):215–216. doi: 10.1016/0020-1383(95)90061-6.

Golden Hour Books Golden Hour Books

Employing artwork that expresses sobering realism with hints of softly colorful catharsis, Smith provides a compassionate, gentle look at a young boy in the grip of PTSD and his hard-won path to recovery. …Exceptionally graceful and delightful.” ― Kirkus, starred reviewWhere do I begin with this graphic novel? I loved almost everything about it. Following the story of Manuel, who has witnessed a tragedy at his school and uses photography to cope with it. He makes friends through the assignment of an art project, and they help him heal, too. From the relationships, art, writing, and just general format, there's nothing I didn't like about this book. liam was the sweetest guy ever I LOVED HIM. i need my own liam landon in my life. he was so loving and patient towards sheyanne and would do absolutely anything for her. their relationship was so beautiful and i literally cried at multiple parts during this book. The Golden Hour was an engaging historical fiction novel by Beatriz Williams told in alternate timelines by two women until their life stories ultimately come together in an exciting conclusion. Lenore "Lulu" Randolph is sent to Nassau in the Bahamas in 1941 to report for a New York magazine the social doings of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. This Caribbean paradise was an intriguing setting for all of the rich and famous as well as unsavory characters and spies, all creating an exciting and gripping tale. Beatriz is really the present Queen of Historical Fiction, she can merge such a mindful plot with intriguing characters and bring us masterpieces, I've loved all of the books I've read from her and I'm so excited for the new ones!

Golden hour of neonatal life: Need of the hour - PubMed Golden hour of neonatal life: Need of the hour - PubMed

Okay, 2.5 stars. This book was really, really slow to start. In fact, I would say I didn’t actually become interested in all of the storylines until 3/4s the way through. The only thing that kept me going was Elfriede’s story.

Benedict Thrope disappears on the night of the murder. Lulu embarks to London to find his family to seek the truth,

Goodreads Loading interface - Goodreads

sheyanne (!!!) i love her sm🥲 i feel like many people would be able to relate to her, her growth, HER in general. i seriously can’t even put into words how great i think she is The second woman is Lulu in the year 1941. Lulu has just as arrived in the Bahamas. She is there to cover gossip about the the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Struggling with anxiety after witnessing a harrowing instance of gun violence, Manuel Soto copes through photography, using his cell-phone camera to find anchors that keep him grounded. His days are a lonely, latchkey monotony until he’s teamed with his classmates, Sebastian and Caysha, for a group project. This was an enjoyable historical fiction read and I am constantly amazed at how many WWII angles there are, and authors find something new to explore. This made a great airplane read for me! The other woman we follow is Lulu in 1941 just as she is arriving in the Bahamas to cover gossip about the scandalous Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Edward and Wallis Simpson. There she gets caught up in possible treasonous acts and meets Benedict Thorpe, a man she thinks is more than he is letting on.To a portrait of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, this historical novel adds two grand fictional passions: one beginning in Switzerland in 1900, the other in the Bahamas in 1941, both involving a ginger-haired Brit named Thorpe. Katie has my heart yet again!! This is her second book and just as amazing as her first, which I had zero doubt about. Before you turn on the television, radio, or read the newspaper, take 30-60 minutes and read something motivational, such as these inspirational quotes or something that is educational. Be sure that the first thing you put into your mind in the morning is positive, healthy, and consistent with the kind of life you want to lead.

Golden Hour : Book summary and reviews of The Golden Hour The Golden Hour : Book summary and reviews of The Golden Hour

The Golden Hour is the first book I’ve read that’s written just by Beatriz Williams although I’ve read her books co-authored with Karen White and Lauren Willig and loved them, which is one of the reasons I really wanted to read this one. The other reason is because I’m fascinated with anything to do with the very intriguing Duchess of Windsor, less so the Duke, and they are minor characters in the novel, with one of the main narratives of the story weaving around their lives. As a love interest, seeing characters like Liam is always refreshing. Although it’s not fair to expect love to be unconditional in every relationship, watching Liam be patient and understanding with Sheyanne was beautiful and heartwarming. To have someone willing to give you space when you need it and bombard you with love when you might not want it but necessary as a reminder that you are not alone was amazing to see. K. Jamila truly has not missed with supportive and understanding love interests. Perfectly paced and wholesome! Manuel’s dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic event, triggering PTSD. He finds his anchor in photography, his friends, farming, and what seems to be the beginnings of a crush.

Raised in the city of Vegas, the small town was not what he expected. Hired to help Mr. Shaw manage his finances, he can’t turn down the opportunity to help out his grandparents and start building a life for himself. While traveling for the job isn’t unheard of as a freelancer, it’s a bit different to be expected to stay for three months. Liam is open to it—only to be met with the absolute spitfire of his boss’s daughter. I don't have enough words to explain everything this book made me feel, it's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait for everyone to read Liam and Sheyanne story🤧 Sheyanne could be so discombobulating at times but if anything I’m just like her and could relate to her internal struggles. She didn’t always deal with things the right way but she eventually found her footing at her own terms and was able to better herself. Her development was amazing 🥹🥹 What motivated Elfriede to disappear after Benedict’s birth? Was it the right decision to make? How would Benedict and Margaret have turned out had she stayed and raised them? Sebastian lives on a grass-fed cattle farm outside town, and Manuel finds solace in the open fields and the antics of the newborn calf Sebastian is hand-raising. As Manuel aides his new friends in their preparations for the local county fair, he learns to open up, confronts his deepest fears, and even finds first love.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment