276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Come Up for Air: How Teams Can Leverage Systems and Tools to Stop Drowning in Work

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And he goes, well Andrew, I believe in the mission of this dao. I believe in the community that we’re establishing. I actually do think that the leadership within this DAO is exciting and he gets to vote for the leadership and so on. And he says, yeah, I also have tokens that gives me ownership of the DAO. That being said, some turtles have evolved so as to absorb oxygen while they are underwater. For these sorts of turtles, they still cannot breathe underwater and need air for respiratory functions, but their ability to absorb oxygen allows them to stay underwater longer than other land animals.

Between 1941 and 1943, Orwell worked on propaganda for the BBC. In 1943, he became literary editor of the Tribune, a weekly left-wing magazine. He was a prolific polemical journalist, article writer, literary critic, reviewer, poet, and writer of fiction, and, considered perhaps the twentieth century's best chronicler of English culture. Meaning we all have to gross our, our bank account together, even if it’s not lit literally in a bank account. Well, if you’re gonna have a group of people manage money like that, how do you make sure that not one of them steals it? How do you make sure that the people who are all in the community get the right vote?In 1937 Orwell spent some months fighting in the Spanish Civil War. He was wounded in the throat in May 1937, by a Nationalist sniper at Huesca. [2] He was a good friend of mine at the time. And we were brainstorming what did Z do wrong and where is there an opportunity for a better virtual assistant company, freelancer marketplace? By the end of that conversation, we had come up with like a very interesting business model that I knew selfishly I would want for myself. This is subjective, right? Because when we engage with people, we’re not sitting there with like an hourglass timing stuff or like with a stopwatch. So, uh, after we, after we survey people, we get some averages and what it turns out, and it’s not specific to them, this is an average across mo basically every company, cuz everyone’s got similar issues. I can’t help but draw parallels between Orwell’s comedic take on bad marriage [ Coming Up For Air] and Tolstoy’s dramatic take on bad marriage [ The Kreutzer Sonata]—the difference being that Orwell’s character blissfully daydreams about the death of his wife (thus the comedy) and Tolstoy’s character actually murders his wife (thus the drama). Is each man questioning the whole institution of matrimony with similar conclusions? Or is it just me? After all, I have personally been twice married and twice divorced. Maybe I’m projecting? …

To assist with long dives whales have developed special lungs that help them inhale additional oxygen and transfer it to enlarged blood vessels where it can be used by the body.

Need Help?

Some readers might find it surprising that Orwell had a bit of sympathy for the chap trying to get away. Orwell was a man, after all, who in his late 30s volunteered to fight in the Spanish Civil War when he didn't have to, who seemingly couldn't conceive of an individual life without a certain responsibility to civilization as whole- a man I find morally admirable but for the same reason intimidating. But there's nevertheless some additional evidence of this sympathy in "Inside the Whale", Orwell's critical but not unsympathetic essay about Henry Miller- ostensibly a review of Tropic of Cancer, it turns into a reflection on Miller's worldview: I first met Miller at the end of 1936, when I was passing through Paris on my way to Spain. What most intrigued me about him was to find that he felt no interest in the Spanish war whatever. He merely told me in forcible terms that to go to Spain at that moment was the act of an idiot. He could understand anyone going there from purely selfish motives, out of curiosity, for instance, but to mix oneself up in such things from a sense of obligation was sheer stupidity. In any case my ideas about combating Fascism, defending democracy, etc., etc., were all baloney. Our civilization was destined to be swept away and replaced by something so different that we should scarcely regard it as human — a prospect that did not bother him, he said. And some such outlook is implicit throughout his work.The desire to get inside the whale- or to admit that you are already inside it, as Orwell refuses to condemn Miller for admitting- was understandable then, and it's understandable now. Who wants to think about this effing Coronavirus? Who wants to think about the warming of the planet, the concentration camps in China, and all the things that we don't seem to have any control over as individuals? There is plenty of Orwellian social commentary here, but as a nostalgic person myself who has experienced a drastic change in civilization’s priorities along with the complete transformations of the places I once called home, I was caught up in the personal side of the story, and commiserated with George Bowling’s experiences.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment