276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hunger Games Poster - Promo Flyer 2012 Movie - 11 X 17 - Jennifer Lawrence - FireBow Margin

£9.985£19.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The lead characters of The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes take center stage in a new batch of character posters, showing off some bold costumes.

Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes poster The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes poster

And at first glance, it’s cheerful: a June Cleaver type, canning preserves with her smiling, pigtailed daughter, who says, “We’ll have plenty to eat thanks to my tesserae, won’t we mother? In some ways, the story of tesserae is the opposite of the Harry Potter books, where drilling in on the details only diminishes the series’ overt themes. A 12-year-old’s name will only be in the globe once, but a 13-year-old will have two slips of paper, a 14-year-old three, and so on. Katniss Everdeen volunteers to compete instead of her younger sister and she travels to Capitol with her male tribute to compete in the hunger games.

With all the fuss (and teenage audience) I was very happy to let it go by in the cinemas and instead I waited for the DVD. She simply built her setting in line with the universal truth: When rain is falling everywhere, there’s a reason some people get wetter than others. This film series stars Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy, Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne, Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman, Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket, and Donald Sutherland as President Snow.

Hunger Games Poster Premium High Res Photos - Getty Images 48 Hunger Games Poster Premium High Res Photos - Getty Images

The girl who burned The first color on this palette, Primrose, is named for the main character’s little sister, who is killed by a bomb set by her own forces. Children can sign up each year they’re eligible for the Hunger Games, and each year, they can sign up for as many tesserae as they have family members.

Now, ahead of The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes release date, Rotten Tomatoes has shared a new batch of character posters for the film, showing everyone in Capitol-ready attire. And they remember the movies, where the fundamental constraints of the medium condense, flatten, and distance the audience from the message.

The Hunger Games Collection | The Poster Database (TPDb)

We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. There was a great deal of hype and fuss when The Hunger Games came out as a film and perhaps I should have known I was not target audience because up till then I had never heard of the book series (or indeed that a film was being made). The supporting cast aren't able to bring as much as her to the table – even though there are plenty of big names here. In the techno-genetic society of Panem, the hedonistic Capitol maintains its dominance over 12 other districts through military might and a yearly, televised debutante-ball-slash-reality-show-slash-battle-royale featuring 24 children from the lesser districts.In Panem, if a family finds itself without means — the examples we see firsthand are widowed and disabled parents — its children can sign up for a “tessera,” or a year’s starvation rations for one person. I didn’t find promo images that featured Katniss looking torn between Peeta and Gale (for which I am grateful). It’s mentioned in the books that both protagonists, Katniss and Gale, have taken numerous tesserae to keep their families from starving, and to save their younger siblings from increasing their odds.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment