276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fiskars Chopping Axe S X10, Storage and Carrying Case Included, Length: 44 cm, Non-Stick Coating, High Steel Blade/Fibreglass Handle, Black/Orange, 1015619

£6.63£13.26Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

zzzThe handle is too short to be effective prying wood apart if it doesn’t split fully on the first hit, or if the grain is twisted. I would get the X7. I was originally skeptical but the over-mold does make a difference, and the price is almost identical. Gerber Freescape 14 Záruka se týká výrobních vad a vad materiálu, při běžném používání k účelu, ke kterému jsou určeny.

The Fiskars X10 chopping axe is well-suited for various tasks such as felling small trees, cutting kindling, carving, and limbing smaller branches. The X11 should be a serious contender for anyone with a homestead or cottage that keeps and uses a woodpile. Vaši sekeru řady X si prosím zaregistrujte během prvních 30 dnů od koupě pro aktivaci prodloužené záruky.The splitting heads have a wedge-shaped head with a 30° grind similar to the chopping axes, but with extended convex cheeks that flare out to split wood apart. The cheek shape allows for penetration before widening to spread the wood apart and creates less friction as the head passes through. The Fiskars X10 is also identical to the Gerber Freescape hatchet, just with different branding and color. The Gerber is often much more accessible in the US than the X10 model. The X7 is probably the better for basic car camping – where your wood comes pre-cut and you might just need to pop a few pieces apart for kindling. The X10 is more of a forest axe and chopper that can also be a kindling maker. The new model is said to have been perfected for accurate balance and high swing speed thanks to the lightweight handle and 71 cm length. If I could take one axe on this list for a longer camping trip, it would probably be this one, and if I don’t have a long distance to hike, then I would also take this X-Series model. While I think there is a clear winner for a dedicated kindling hatchet, there are some serious alternatives that can do quite a bit more and still be a decent kindling tool.

The 14” X7 is the best overall Fiskars hatchet for kindling. The stout wedge pattern head pops wood apart, and the handle is short for close work but long and tough enough to pry twisted grain apart. However, you might consider other models that can handle kindling and also flex into other rolls.Fiskars axes also come quite sharp for an inexpensive axe. There is a uniform 30-degree edge that will cut in for smaller tinder, even if the head shape isn’t suited for slicing. The X7 handle length is perfect for splitting kindling Hatchets and one-handed axes also pose a danger to your off-hand if used incorrectly. Don’t hold the wood you are swinging at.

The head is a 1lb stout wedge shape that makes it decent at both splitting and chopping greenwood up to about 4-5″ wide. Discover the Fiskars X10 Chopping Axe an ideal tool for a wide range of woodwork, including chopping, carpentry, and pruning. This next-generation axe from Fiskars embodies a blend of minimalist design and razor-sharp functionality, tailored to excel in various wood preparation tasks.The actual X10 doesn’t seem to be sold in North America, just the Gerber branded Freescape 17.5. These axes are identical ( again Gerber is owned by Fiskars). While the splitting axes could be used to chop in a pinch, they won’t be able to cut very deep into the side of a log/tree because of the head shape. The two types of Fiskars axe types are chopping and splitting, and they look almost identical – but they are different. You might notice there are a few versions of some Fiskars axe, and it can be hard to tell what’s different. Fiskars X-series is the standard So if size and weight are the most important factors – then this is a capable little hatchet. But I would go for the X7 if possible.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment