276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Surprisingly Down to Earth, and Very Funny: My Autobiography

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps: In August 2016, Limmy's channel began focusing on uploading clips from his stream, which has remained his most common style of content since. On 28 September 2019, Limmy uploaded a video titled "Honk if Thatcher's dead" which went viral and has remained his most viewed video to date. Fairly early into the book it became apparent that this is indeed a real autobiography, at times brutally honest, and frequently more than 'quite funny'. I read the whole thing in a day and throughout enjoyed finding out why Limmy is the way he is! The show featured a trip through time to 1950s Alabama, where the 13th Doctor (played by Jodie Whittaker) met civil rights activist Rosa Parks and watched her refuse to give up her bus seat for white passengers. Limmy gives us a frank insight into some of his history and the coinciding battles and experiences with his mental health. Some of it is quite scary to hear but it is always dashed with some dark humour in the traditional Limmy way. it's definitely a very interesting read and I certainly recommend the audiobook version of not just this book but all of his previous books - It always adds a extra level of depth to hear him speak the words, and he's brilliant at it.

Hello! I’m Brian Limond, aka Limmy. You might know me from Limmy’s Show. Or you might not know me at all. Don’t worry if you don’t. Limmy joined YouTube on March 28, 2008, and uploaded his first video the following day. His earliest videos were largely short comedy skits and vlogs or showcasing musical remixes he had made using the program Ableton Live. It's about being strange in a normal, subclinical* way: intrusive thoughts, groundless anxiety, reduced affect display, auditory hallucination, mild paranoia, misanthropy, hysteroid dysphoria. Limond has struggled with mental health issues such as depression and suicidal thoughts, as well as a history of alcoholism. He often openly discusses these issues on social media and in interviews. He has been teetotal since 2004. He has been in a relationship with Lynn McGowan since 2000. They have a son named Daniel McGowan Limond, born in 2010.I love Limmy and really enjoy his humour, but this was just so beyond what I enjoy reading lol Of course, I didn’t expect jokes constantly and I honestly really enjoyed his view on mental illness and being human, even when his writing got very dark at times. This is a refreshing read/listen in that way - Almost every other book with mental health as a cornerstone would try and offer some kind of help or explanation (nothing wrong with that at all, mind you) but in this Limmy just exposes it for the strange and maddening experience it can be and how it has defined certain moments or periods in his life.

He is a member of famous Comedian with the age 49 years old group. Limmy Height, Weight & Measurements It comes after Limmy – real name Brian Limond – tweeted about Sunday night’s episode of Doctor Who. I know this review has been more about me than Limmy but one more thing; there's a chapter called Eccy where he heard his friends laughing horribly at him, not as feint paranoid thoughts but 100% absolutely real and right there beside him. Because his friends weren't in the house, he knew it wasn't real soon enough. Well the blood drained from my face listening to this because the exact same thing happened to me twenty-something years ago and it was a major trigger in my breakdown and took many years to realize those voices weren't real and no one said that horrible stuff. I'm grand now! but it took a lot more than twenty minutes to recover from that one I can tell you. I said to them, oh, I don’t know if I could fill a whole book with just that. But how’s about I write a general autobiography type of thing, and all the mental health stuff will naturally appear along the way? I could talk about growing up and slashing my wrist and taking acid all the time and getting done for car theft and feeling like a mad freak that would never amount to anything. I could have guessed that he'd had a life like this from his characters; so much authentic idiocy, lunacy, awkwardness, pretension, and pettiness. Surprised that Dee-Dee is based on his own trippy blankness; Limmy's so sharp these days.Listening to him narrate his life is heartbreaking and incredibly uplifting. Voicing things out loud that other people keep bottled up is extremely humbling and thought-provoking. I know several people with the same mix of terrible impulses and good intentions, charisma and anti-social solitude: folk whose adolescence lasted twenty years. They're the funniest people I know, by far. I don't know how class comes into it, but they're all working-class. Maybe middle-class people as strange as them direct it inward, rather than outward as comedy or violence. (They're also all Scots but that's a selection effect, I hope.) Audiobook's worth it - the prose is very plain and his accent's strong but clear. Fans only, but you should be a fan. I've always liked Limmy's stuff, I found it quite surprising how relatable limmy actually is. I don't know what I expected to be honest but I didn't expect to actually have enjoyed this book as much as I did.

I need to write 15 words here but I don't know what to say other than that this is the most honest I've heard anyone be that's in the public eye. At 49 years old, Limmy height not available right now. We will update Limmy's Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible. So candid. I don’t think I ever read/listened to an autobiography like this one, and the honest nature of the writing makes it so worth the time, whether you know his work or not, this gets to the deep inner workings of a person. I loved all the coming of age stories, the humour of it, but also the fact that he is not really clowning his younger self or the personal significance of those moments.

Limmy (Brian Limond) was born on 20 October, 1974 in Glasgow, United Kingdom, is a Comedian, actor, screenwriter, producer, musician, author, podcaster, streamer. Discover Limmy's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. Learn How rich is He in this year and how He spends money? Also learn how He earned most of networth at the age of 49 years old? Popular As That said, I don't wish to make this sound like this is a particularly heavy book to read in that sense - And that's the beauty of it. All this is told and explained with Limmy's humour and self depricating wit included with in other daft anecdotes. Auto theft, fanny fright, incompetent but dogged self-harm, raving and tripping as self-medication, dole stupor, bail skipping, the death drive, pretend machismo, pretend homosexuality, alcoholism, Flash animation, BBC showrunner. Not very funny but very entertaining. ( His shows are funny.) His story affirmed for me the notion that 'mental illness' reaches beyond the individual and is more a reflection of a dysfunctional world. His net worth has been growing significantly in 2022-2023. So, how much is Limmy worth at the age of 49 years old? Limmy’s income source is mostly from being a successful Comedian. He is from United Kingdom. We have estimated

They asked me to write a book about mental health, because I sometimes talk about my mental health in tweets and interviews, like suicidal thoughts and anxiety, and what I’ve done to try and deal with it. A WOMAN who accused Scots comedian Limmy of being “racist” has been brutally trolled after failing to get one of his jokes.In that Lloyd Cole review, which you can see Limmy talking about on his youtube channel, Lloyd Cole said maybe one reason he didn't get into the book was because he didn't know Limmy's work when he read it, and that much makes sense. If you are a fan of Limmy you will get much more from this than someone who doesn't know him. Personally, I am a huge fan of "Limmy's Show", so when he starts talking about the "Millport" sketch or the "Yoker" sketch I know exactly what he is talking about and found it fascinating to see the genesis of the ideas behind these sketches and how they came to be made. If you are not a fan, that may be less interesting, though you can always watch the sketches on youtube as you are reading. I've been a fan of Limmy's work for some time now, and wondered if this autobiography was going to be a zmuda style bunch of tales that may or may not be quite true. it's not a completely encyclopedic look at his life, but does go from his first memories, to school, college/uni, jobs and relationships and some of the mishaps inbetween all along to even writing the book itself.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment