276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The House Across the Lake: the utterly gripping new psychological suspense thriller from the internationally bestselling author

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's mentioned before she's had 6 drinks and passed out on the porch chair all night, but here she is being a superhero. After a shocking encounter on the lake brings Casey and Katherine together, the two women begin a tentative friendship. Letterboxd is an independent service created by a small team, and we rely mostly on the support of our members to maintain our site and apps.

The House Across the Lake has the most interesting premise, a nosy neighbor who spies on her neighbors across the lake and thinks a husband has murdered his wife.

What she doesn't realize is that there's more to the story than meets the eye—and that shocking secrets can lurk beneath the most placid of surfaces. Directed by Ken Hughes — he of future Chitty Chitty Bang Bang fame — from his own screenplay, based on his own novel, the film tells a familiar story of a seductive, manipulative ice queen and the man she ensnares, uses, and leaves. I raced through the pages trying to figure out the twist, preparing to be blindsided, laughing out loud at so much of the mad as a hatter insanity!

Alcohol, however, can trap the souls of the living, and I grew weary of Casey’s reliance on the bottle. Anson reveals that the Royces may be connected to an active investigation: three young girls who disappeared from the surrounding area and are now presumed dead, victims of a serial killer.They are a famous couple, Katherine is a supermodel and her husband Tom is pioneering a tech company. BookBrowse seeks out and recommends the best in contemporary fiction and nonfiction—books that not only engage and entertain but also deepen our understanding of ourselves and the world around us. The House Across the Lake is a 1954 British crime film directed by Ken Hughes and starring Alex Nicol, Hillary Brooke, Sid James and Susan Stephen.

When Casey voices her suspicions, Detective Anson insists that Boone is a sincere voice of reason, and he is honorable and intent on putting his life back together. I do like the prose in most of Riley’s books since they grab my attention without letting go through the book. Or why she wasn't allowed on the phone with Boone when she rushed off the phone when Tom caught her.

That aspect of not knowing who to trust and constantly hunting for clues may be the appeal for many people that enjoy this genre, and I can see why. Casey, having witnessed some very suspicious behaviors from the couple before, thinks violence may have been involved.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment