276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Backyard Starship

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The problem was that after the first dozen or so they became repetitive. Especially Gor. Ugh. They got old. Boring. Yeah, there are parts that are frustrating. I am tired of the mystery of Mark's past. Van needs to get over himself and be a Master. Yeah, that will change the series' dynamic but I think that it is strong enough to survive the change. When I was a kid I read tons of books. I loved to read series of books. Tarzan, Gor, Pellucidar, Quartermain. Xanth. A long list of others. His grandfather used to tell him fantastic stories of spacemen and monsters, princesses and galactic knights. Little did Van realize, the old man’s tales were more than fiction. They were real. Awash with loss and surrounded by enemies, Van and his crew are faced with the same challenge Mark Tudor dealt with decades earlier.

Backyard Starship – JN Chaney

There is so much to write about in this book. I just can't see how this series is ever going to end - not that I want it to - with so much going on. Van is offered the position of Master in the Guild, but feels he has more pressing things to do. The scourge of ID chips again rears its head as a new version of the Sorcerers appears. In addition, things are changing on Earth as the bit players there try to gain an advantage. At first, the Ferals appear to be up to no good his mother released from jail. New evidence suggests things may not be so clear cut against his mother and the new Sorcerers appear to be kidnapping people....And the BS on Earth needs to be resolved. Van needs to bring in professionals to help Earth ease into the galaxy. And he needs to be a Master to do it right. His grandfather used to tell him fantastic stories of spacemen and monsters, princesses and galactic knights. Little did Van realize, the old man's tales were more than fiction. They were real. But the threat isn’t just among the stars. For the first time in his career, Van must protect his home planet from people who look at humans as a resource—and Peacemakers as the key to untold wealth. With Van’s decision comes long term effects, and an Earth that is no longer alone in the universe, but connected to the stars...

Backyard Starship | The Official Website Of Terry Maggert

However, I would say just be careful whose sensibilities you touch upon: “Um, excuse me, Liverpool has hooligans. We Manchester United adherents are enthusiastic fans,” Essie replied with some dignity."Funboy, though, simply offered a shrug. “In the words of the great philosopher Freddy Mercury, they do make the world go around.” The Guild is in shambles. The 32 might be a myth. And an entire race has chosen Van Tudor as their enemy—and they’ll stop at nothing to end his life in the name of power and money. With his combat AI, an android bird named Perry, Van takes his first steps into the wider galaxy. He soon finds that space is far busier and more dangerous than he could have ever conceived. Van, what is it? A flash of insight?” Torina asked. “Yeah, it is,” I said, turning to Perry. “The frog’s singing couldn’t have all been in the guy’s head. Remember that the cop heard it while the guy and the frog were in that park.” Torina stared, then sighed. “I could have married anyone in known space. Anyone.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment