276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lily Bennett’s Bucket List: The most uplifting debut romance you’ll read in 2023!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The slow burn of Lydia and Jake’s friendship to more-than-friendship was so satisfying, the chemistry between them written with such attention to detail. Following a bucket list and all the adventures and twists and turns along the way make this book a romance novel with a difference. One thing that really stood out to me as I got into this book was the personalities of everyone we meet.

Who would have thought that finding a piece of paper at the supermarket with someone else's bucket list on it could change your life? The ending of the book was filled with life lessons and emotions, and I absolutely loved every word. To access your ebook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose. Lydia Grey finds a stranger's bucket list and decides to mark it off since her own life has not been full of adventure or fun.

I liked all the characters; Lydia, who feels lost back living with her family, Aga, her Polish domineering mother has lots of attitude, and is hilarious in her strong-minded views, all the family bring humour but also pathos to the plot. The more time she spends with Jake, the more comfortable she feels and the more she reveals about her life.

Jake has a lot of secrets himself and concentrates on being the person Lydia needs him to be so she can feel better about herself. The storyline does follow the tried and tested and always welcome trope of 'not looking for love, but finds it anyway' romance novel we all enjoy, but does it in such a way it holds your interest, entertains at every turn of the page and rewards with that happy, warm feeling inside. What made me even more excited about her plans was a certain message on her dating app, a message from someone who didn’t send her crotch shots or cringey chat up lines like she was used to. And also they both begin some self-healing (Jake additionally has some issues), both alone and besides each other. She even makes up (hilarious) nicknames for the men she meets and it seems that the worse the date, the worse the name.

Picking it up to read another chapter quickly became a highlight of my day and I was always curious to see how Lydia would take a little more adventure in her life. Lydia's had a tough time- her husband has left her, her daughter Ollie is off on her travels, and her mother is, well her mother and she's living with her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment