276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kala Makala Soprano Mahogany Ukulele (MK-S)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With no model recommendations from me, all but one student showed up with either a Makala MK-S or a Lanikai LU-11. Some players may find the soprano a bit too tiny to play comfortably and may want to consider the larger concert or tenor sizes. I only mention this because Kala’s slightly more expensive models like the KA-S and KA-15S come with a Graph Tech “NuBone” nut and saddle. Der Grund des Kaufes gerade dieser Ukulele war: sie hat ein breiteres Griffbrett für meine nicht gerade kleinen Hände, einen Tonabnehmer und man hat die Moglichkeit einen Gurt zu befestigen.

Obviously, I don't want to spend lots on two ukes that might not get taken up by their new owners, but I think the Makala Dolphin/Shark option is a good balance. musste sie bestimmt 10 mal nachstimmen, aber damit habe ich gerechnet, die Saiten sind eben aus Kunststoff. I decided I wanted to learn to play the ukulele (but never touched one in my life) and chose this one.The Mahogany neck provides a sturdy foundation, contributing to the overall stability of the ukulele.

While the Dolphin’s tone and playability won’t thrill serious players, it’s still a fun, well-built uke. While there’s nothing spectacular going on here, it doesn’t really have any issues – there’s no real defects to be seen anywhere. I have the Makala MK-S Soprano but I’ve cheated and tuned it GDAE using a dedicated string set that Aquila produce for the purpose. The action could be brought down with a bit of basic setup work, but that sort of thing may go beyond the skill and comfort level of a beginner. Players seeking an instrument with a bit more substance may want to consider the KA-15S (also from Kala) or the highly-rated Donner and Hricane ukes in the table below.In fact picking it up today it never ceases to amaze me how full and loud a sound these things can deliver. I can’t point to a particular feature of the KA-15S that would account for this difference, but it could be the upgraded nut and saddle (covered below).

I didn’t notice any buzzing or high frets as I played up the neck, and the notes consistently rang out clear and clean.Vom Klang bin ich angenehm überrascht, sie hat schon eine ganze Ecke Volumen mehr als meine kleine Sopranukulele. So I will happily find myself still strumming this when at home - perhaps more than I do some of my other instruments. If you're really serious about learning the ukulele and want to learn at a much faster pace then I'd highly recommend checking out these ukulele ebooks.

The Dolphin comes in a variety of colors and gets its name from the signature dolphin-shaped bridge.

Yeah, it might seem a little weird and perhaps the D’s a bit resonant but hey; now I have a great little knock about “Mandolele” that I just can’t put down. The Makala MK-CE Concert Ukulele is one of our largest sellers,and comes highly recommended by Red Cow Music.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment