276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harry Potter réplique 1/1 balai magique Nimbus 2000 New Edition

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to J. K. Rowling, brooms, like wands, are tools to channel magic and that the most gifted can dispense with them. [12] When Harry fell off his Nimbus 2000 during a Quidditch match, it didn't fall to the ground but instead drifted away toward the Whomping Willow, [9] suggesting that it may have had some form of enchantment on it to keep it flying without a rider. In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, the Firebolt's handle is stated to be made of superfine ash. Pottermore, however, lists it as having an ebony handle. It is possible, however, that the person who wrote the advertisement that stated it to be ash was mistaken, or that Firebolts were made with both woods. Cut off a "short" length of rope that is about twice as long you will need between the chain and the nose hole, plus about 4' so you have enough to tie some loop knots and fine tune the height of the broom.

At this point, I did some more research and ended up taking the broom tail apart. I soaked my branches for several hours and then wrapped them tightly in twine tied them tightly to dry for several days. This made them somewhat more pliable but still not flash ideal.

Table of Contents

Adjust the strap so both stirrups are even and hanging at the desired height, as shown in the third picture. You may need to do a few more test flights to determine the desired height. Cut off about 1" from the end of the handle as shown in the second picture. Removing this little bit will allow more space for the tail shaft to slide further into the base, and it's too skinny to securely attach to the base anyway.

Fortunately, before self-isolating, I managed to buy some good coloured willow withies for the broom head from a local Withies grower (I live in Somerset, England). I had also already bought some heavy brass wire and some brass rod. So my next job is to create the broom and then I’m going to reproduce the footrest as seen in the earliest (and smallest) form. But I couldn’t find a good version of the logo anywhere online (cue tearing up and a few violins here). And I needed it for the vinyl cutter! Harry's Firebolt, when held and then released, floated at exactly the right height for him to mount it. [10]I’ve been self-isolating from the coronavirus due to underlying health issues so with time on my hands I re-started the broom project to hopefully make a very close replica. That could refer to the simple overriding of the First Years can't have them rule... But, given how much McGonagall grumbled about losing the Quidditch Cup before, I think she arranged it, either on her own, or as part of the normal process of getting a 'Replacement' broom for a worn out one. Of the two, I think getting the school (i.e., Dumbledore) to arrange it is most likely, given her personality. In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, it is mentioned that Ravenclaw's Quidditch team are all mounted on Cleansweep Sevens – with the possible exception of their Seeker, Cho Chang, who is mentioned in the next chapter as having a Comet Two Sixty.

The chain ensures that there is some distance between the three points from which the broom is suspended, which prevents the broom from spinning like a tire swing (aka "yawing").It's never explicitly stated who paid for this broom, however it's likely to have been McGonagall herself as she's the one who made arrangements for Harry to receive it and it's unlikely she'd have access to Harry's inheritance to use that to pay for the broom due to McGonagall not being his legal guardian.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment