276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS RT-AX92U AX6100 Tri-Band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System Large and Multi-Story Homes, Supports Flexible SSID, Wired Inter-Router Connections, AiProtection, Network Security by Trend Micro, Pack of 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Disclaimer:”*To access WAN port aggregation, cable modem, router, or switch needs to support 802.3ad standard. To achieve the best performance for a cable modem, DOCSIS 3.1 standard is required. Having said that, I’m hoping to add a bit of bandwidth by using a 4G – parabolic antenna modem on my roof (oh did I mention I live in a valley and my normal 4G is, well, as good as not existing); we’re hoping to add 10 to 20Mb… (streaming HD, maybe 4K in the future). You can raise these antennas upward for better coverage or collapse them on top of the router to make the whole thing even more adorable. Either way, the router works. By the way, the router is wall-mountable, which is always a nice touch. A little tri-band powerhouse As for performance, we were able to get some great numbers out of the AX92U. Starting with LAN at 941Mbps, we followed that up with 5GHz performance reaching 447Mbps with 80MHz and 898Mbps at 160MHz. The performance wasn't quite as good as the standalone AX88U or the monster ROG unit but did show better range performance using two nodes.

RT-AX92U|WiFi 6|ASUS United Kingdom RT-AX92U|WiFi 6|ASUS United Kingdom

I understand that – when I was referring to speed I wasn’t talking about internet speed tests, I was talking about the speed and signal quality reported via the Network Connections Status info from Windows 10 (and on the equivalent from the phone). My fault for not being clear what I was reporting

Both my Galaxy Note 10+ and laptop are at the same spot. Laptop is using an old D-Link DWA-182 wifi adaptor (AC1200 dual band b/g/n/ac). My Note 10+ connects only to the 2.4GHz of the AX92U (main unit), where as the D-Link connects to the 5GHz of the same unit. I don’t know why, my phone can only connect to 5Ghz if i’m in front of AX92U, and if i leave the unit out of sight, my phone switches to 2.4GHz. I had rebooted the router to no avail. Phone still connects to 2.4GHz while the wifi adaptor connects to 5GHz. How can I make the phone to select 5GHz? However, if i goto the node (located upstair) coverage area, phone connects to its 5GHz without issue. How can I make my phone connects to 5GHz of the main unit? If you have used just one unit as a single router and now want to expand the coverage, here's the best way to go about that: Also, clients that don't support DFS might not be able to connect to it. Keep this in mind if you intend to use an RT-AX92U as a standalone router. A Wi-Fi 5 mesh system at its core

RT-AX92U|WiFi Routers|ASUS Canada RT-AX92U|WiFi Routers|ASUS Canada

Thanks for the reply Dong. I’m not sure this is going to connect to your previous reply to my comment as there doesn’t appear to be a reply button under your last comment! Sorry if it lands out of position. The graphical and specification covered box carries on in earnest all the way around, with each side, heavily promoting specifications, coverage areas, how the mesh communicates and (in the biggest text of course) the promised top speeds and how they compare with 802.11ac. When it comes to discussing the frequency coverage of the RT-AX92U Asus router, we then need to discuss the wifi protocol. This is one of the key buying factors of the new router, as it’s the support of the relatively new Wi-Fi 6 protocol is why it is so sought after right now. 802.11AX is only available when using the 5Ghz frequency, but numerous speeds and network protocols are supported by the device: Together (whether you are using a single RT-AX92U unit, or as a mesh setup) the device and its antenna support MU-MIMO for better coverage in terms of speed and width in terms of devices at one with as high a throughput as possible. Between them, on each RT-AX92U router pod, they support 2.4 GHz 2×2, 5 GHz-1 2×2 and 5 GHz-2 4×4 frequency based on your own environment and hardware environment needs. This is spread across the available hardware antenna and can be manually adjusted, or the device can scale the frequency requirements automatically based on the connected devices. I didn’t get much of a chance to test this switching in real-world practice, but I did get more than sufficient coverage on several 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz devices at once (Phones, laptops and IP Cameras), but I understand the Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax setup) requires alot more of the hardware dedicated to it.It's important to note that this band uses DFS channels, and as such, it might be less reliable if you live near a radar station.

RT-AX92U|WiFi Routers|ASUS USA RT-AX92U|WiFi Routers|ASUS USA

The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment. ASUS has always been one of the first adopters of technology; the same was true with 802.11n and ac. That said the AX92U is a different beast as it is the first mesh Wi-Fi 6 platform we will look at. On the hardware side, the AX92Uis a tri-band 802.11ax solution; it falls in the AX6000 class. This means we have 300Mbps for the 2.4GHz band, 866Mbps for the first 5GHz band and the second 5GHz band offers 4800MBps. As with all ASUS launch solutions, this is a Broadcom platform using the BCM4352 operating at 1.8GHz over two cores. This is paired with 512MB of memory and 256 MB of flash (for the software/OS. As for radios, we have the BCM4352 providing both 2.4 and 5GHz capabilities while a secondary BCM43684 offers 4×4 Wi-Fi 6. The switch used in this solution is the BCM4906, gigabit single WAN four LAN. Most notably, it has AiProtection that includes free online real-time protection and a set of Parental Control settings. There's also Adaptive QoS that allows for easy prioritization of the Internet traffic for different purposes. I want to be sure they each (2 networks, one for home, one for garage) produce 2.4GHz + 5GHz networks, and support WiFi6 devices. If the Primary Broadband fails , will it automatically utilize the full potential of the 4G Sim MobileData.I’ve tweaked a few things and I now only have a couple of issues to solve so was just wondering what your thoughts are on the following.

RT-AX92U vs RT-AX88U | SNBForums - SmallNetBuilder Forums RT-AX92U vs RT-AX88U | SNBForums - SmallNetBuilder Forums

As for wifi speeds, that’s good too, but not (as your article points out really well!) anything above regular wifi 5 speeds. That was fine too. Dong's note: That's right! You're reading the updated review published on January 7, 2021, with tests done using the latest firmware that features AiMesh 2.0. The original review of this router first went live on February 20, 2020.

Prime X299 Edition 30

The Asus RT AX92U shares the same gaming features as the much more expensive GT-AX11000. Asus RT-AX92U: Not a real Wi-Fi 6 mesh router I’ve been a follower of yours for a year now, and really love the first-class content you deliver to us. The RT-AX92U shares the same web interface as other Asus routers and has the same set of network settings and features. I have Cat7 Ethernet buried to connect the two buildings, as well as a Ubiquiti NanoStation on either end.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment