276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Close to Home: The 'impossible to put down' Richard & Judy Book Club thriller pick 2018 (DI Fawley)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would like to thank NetGalley, Penguin Books UK and the author Cara Hunter for my ARC in exchange for an honest review. Cara introduces modern sources of information gathering including Twitter feeds, police interview reports, transcribed phone discussions etc. Por el nivel de intensidad, pensaría que la autora primero planeó el final y poco a poco fue construyendo la historia hacia la parte inicial.

Llego al punto final de la historia después de varios giros en la investigación y un epílogo de esos que te deja un buen rato la cabeza loca pensando hacia atrás. There were just certain things only women naturally pick up on (again, don't come for me) that just did not fit with a male character. There are Twitter exchanges that may seem over the top, but will be instantly recognisable by anyone who uses the platform. Cara Hunter is the author of the Sunday Times bestselling crime novels Close to Home, In the Dark, No Way Out, All the Rage and The Whole Truth all featuring DI Adam Fawley and his Oxford-based police team. Close to Home is not separated with the usual chapters thus emphasising the continuously unfolding developments and a feeling of being privy to all of the thoughts of the investigating CID from the get-go.Además, la inclusión de correos electrónicos, noticias de prensa y transcripción de interrogatorios, le da un cariz muy atractivo a la lectura. Seeing how the public keeps reacting to the case certainly nudges a reader down certain avenues of suspicion, I kept changing my mind on who was the guilty part throughout!

However after this initial discomfort Close to Home does settle down and the narrative of DI Adam Fawley becomes steadily more engaging and sincere, only for early probing to reveal that the Mason family have a closet full of secrets rattling around. Eight year old Daisy Mason has gone missing and is presumed dead by the investigating team, and increasingly by. Not only were the views and opinions downright scary in some instances, but they also showed just how much social media can impede an investigation. Cara Hunter exhibits great ability to plot so many captivating threads that the reader is constantly kept guessing right to the end. An uninterested mother who seems to care more about her appearance than the fact that her daughter has gone missing and a father who comes across as cold and hostile.Lo más seguro es que siga con la serie del inspector Adam Fawley, que le da su toque personal con una trama paralela propia, aunque él, en esta entrega, no deslumbra especialmente, pero sí me gustaron mucho algunos integrantes de su equipo de investigación. I thought things were going to be cut and dry in terms of who committed the crime, but in the end, I wasn’t even close to being right about. But when any child disappears and there are no obvious suspects, it’s their family who come under the closest scrutiny, and the police can’t help feeling there’s something not quite right in the Mason household. In the meantime, the media have parked up outside their home with no intention of leaving anytime soon. Mistakes are made, clues missed and police characters lose their cool, say inappropriate things and get too close to the case.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment