276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maybe Someday (Maybe someday, 1)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

God, I hate feelings. Or I hate my conscience. The two are constantly at war and I’m not sure which one I’d rather turn off.” They live in the same apartment and while they initially cannot stand one another, as the story progresses we see guards come down and walls crumble as two people learn more about one another, themselves, and their emotions. There were moments that made my laugh so hard that I had to stop reading until I could recover and moments that broke my heart so completely that I just sat there with tears streaming down my face. I loved that the author had the guts to write a story where there was no “bad guy” because it meant that there was no easy way to justify your feeling and with the way it was written, I truly felt each character’s conflict as though it were my own. Especially Ridge. I swear I spent half the book just wishing I could hug him. A Colleen Hoover rule that holds true: always expect the unexpected. She has the ability to take what may look like a simple romance novel on the surface and bring in elements of complexity.

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover | Waterstones

There was also an incredibly awesome feature worked into the book where real, listenable songs that had been written and recorded specifically for this book were integrated throughout the story in such a way where you would be prompted to listen to them at the exact right time. And holy wow were they just out-of-this-world incredible!!! For me, the most special part of all was being able to listen to the song after watching them create it from scratch together. It was truly just a magical experience. Now, here’s the thing that you can’t really tell from the blurb of the book: this is actually a forbidden romance but just so not in the typical way. Hi i loved this book too much. I couldn’t get Ridge & Syd out of my mind for days. Ridge was such an original hero. I have never read anything like it. ….. Maybe Now features some humor, spicy scenes, a love story, as well as complex medical issues and decisions. I am unsure there are many other authors out there who could take a stab at tying those types of elements up into a neat little bow that is a pleasure to read, but leave it to Hoover to pull it off. This is also, in my opinion, one of Hoover’s cheesiest books. Prepare to cringe a bit during some scenes.Sydney and Ridge become close as she begins writing song lyrics for his band, however as their relationship grows, the fact that Ridge is in a happy and committed relationship with his girlfriend, Maggie, cannot be overlooked. The fact that Ridge has been honest in his conversations with me is not something he did wrong. The fact that he has feelings for me also isn’t wrong, when you know exactly how much he’s fought those feelings. People can’t control matters of the heart, Warren. Sydney was one of those heroines who I just immediately liked. She was kind, endearing and earned my respect more than once with the way she handled the situations she was put in. I’m just going to lay it right out: there’s a love triangle. But this is not your average love triangle. Just like the rest of the book, this one is completely different and unique and despite the fact that as a reader I’m not usually fond of triangles, I absolutely adored the way this one was written. Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbour, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover Book Review — Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

I truly loved everything about this book and about their romance – the texting, the flirting, the slow but powerful build of their connection… the music, the song writing, the heart ache and also the pranks. The strong emotional undercurrent that ran throughout the entire book was so intense that you could just feel it in every single scene. There isn't a doubt in my mind that we could be perfect for each others life, Sydney. It's our lives that aren't perfect for us.” Hilary Swank, Sanaa Lathan, Aaron Paul, Krysten Ritter to Star in James Patterson Audible Originals (Exclusive) The more I open up to him, the more I need him. The more I admit to myself that I need him, the most it hurts to know that I still don't exactly have him.” I kiss her every way I can possibly kiss her, because I plan on loving her every way I can possibly love her. Every single time we refused to cave in to our feelings in the past makes this kiss completely worth the sacrifices.”From the #1 Sunday Times bestselling author of It Ends With Us comes a passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance. How ever, I've learned that the heart can't be told when and who and how it should love. The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do. The only thing we can control is whether we give our lives and our minds the chance to catch up to our hearts.” I'm the founder and president of The Literary Lifestyle, an authentic community that helps busy women relax, learn, and embrace a very cozy way of life.

Maybe Now: A Novel (Maybe Someday Book 3) Kindle Edition Maybe Now: A Novel (Maybe Someday Book 3) Kindle Edition

We also watch Warren and Bridgette grow as both individuals as well as a couple, but I mostly enjoyed the strides that Bridgette took in this book. She still stays true to herself and has a lot of the same traits that make her who she is, but she most definitely softens up a bit particularly toward the end of this book.Colleen Hoover’s writing has this beautifully gripping, compelling quality to it that draws you right into the lives of her characters. From the first few lines, I was fully immersed in this story and stayed connected until the very last word.

Maybe Someday Summary and Study Guide | SuperSummary Maybe Someday Summary and Study Guide | SuperSummary

At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her—and she’s forced to decide what her next move should be. This was one of those rare books where I never once, not even for a single moment, was angry or annoyed with anyone. Not to say that I wasn’t conflicted about their actions because holy hell was I ever torn and utterly unsure of everything I was feeling but at the same time, every single thing that happened was understandable. I was rooting for everyone’s happiness and I loved that I was never (not even in the end) made to hate anyone. In this book, a main character is deaf and a second character has a complex medical issue. Reading about things of this sensitive nature as part of a story where the main focus is elsewhere is one of Hoover’s biggest strengths. But… if you want a little idea of what to expect from the story, then read on. I don’t reveal any major twists and I don’t tell you how the story ends, but because of the complexity of the situation, I felt the need to talk a little about how it made me feel.Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one… Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne)has closed a deal to develop the New York Times bestselling author’s 2014 novel into a television series. Hoover and Lauren Levine ( I Am David, Bridge to Terabithia) will executive produce while eOne will serve as the studio. People don't get to choose who they fall in love with. They only get to choose who they stay in love with.” Also, on a side note, I really strongly visualized every single thing in my head as I was reading. Every scene, every character, every location is crystal clear in my mind so I’m going to pray to the movie gods that this story ends up on the big screen because it would make one helluva movie! 😀

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment