276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Silentnight Safe Nights Cot Bed Pillow - Anti Allergy Nursery Pillow For Sleeping Children Kids Newborn Baby Babies - Hypoallergenic Machine Washable Baby Shower Gifts

£5£10.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mattresses come in either standard or continental size and go in their equivalent sized cot. Choose one that feels firm because your baby needs support while sleeping.

Our support line offers practical and emotional support with feeding your baby and general enquiries for parents, members and volunteers: 0300 330 0700.If you're using a baby sleeping bag, it should fit well around the shoulders so that they can't wriggle down inside it. Are cot bumpers really unsafe?

ROSPA. (2019) Bedtime: a safe cot. Available from: https://www.rospa.com/Resources/Hubs/Keeping-Kids-Safe-(1)/Bedtime.aspx [Accessed 12.11.2021]. Cot bars should be vertical and the distance between them no less than 2.5cm and no more than 6.5cm (Which, 2021a). The safest place for your baby to sleep for the first six months, day or night, is in a cot in the same room as you (NHS, 2021).

Courses & workshops

Make sure the cot – even if old – conforms to current British or European safety standards. You will probably be able to find the manufacturers instructions online. Scheers NJ, Woodard DW, Thach BT (2016). Crib Bumpers Continue to Cause Infant Deaths: A Need for a New Preventive Approach. J Pediatr. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26621044/ Keep your baby’s cot clear of toys and loose bedding. All they need is a flat surface and simple bedding.

Lullaby Trust (no date). The best mattresses and bedding for your baby. Available from: https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/safer-sleep-advice/mattresses-and-bedding/ [Accessed 12.11.2021] Make sure your baby doesn't overheat. The ideal room temperature is between 16°C and 20°C. Use minimal layers and never use hot water bottles or similar products. Storage & organisation Furniture Textiles Kitchenware & tableware Kitchens Lighting Decoration Rugs, mats & flooring Beds & mattresses Baby & children Smart home Bathroom products Laundry & cleaning Plants & plant pots Home electronics Home improvement Outdoor living Food & beverages Christmas Shop Shop by room

Do I need two cots for my twins?

Whatever sort of mattress you choose, it should conform to safety standards BS 1877-10:1997 (Which, 2021b). You might find attending one of NCT's Early Days groups helpful as they give you the opportunity to explore different approaches to important parenting issues with a qualified group leader and other new parents in your area. You should also give the waterproof layer a clean before you use it and put a fresh sheet on the mattress. What mattress should I choose for my baby? If you are short on space or cash the thought of two cots may be alarming. So long as you follow other safer sleep guidance you can decide to have your twins in separate sleeping areas from birth, or have them sleeping together (The Lullaby Trust, no date).

Cot bumpers are not considered safe because of the risk of accidents once your baby can roll and move in their cot. This is because some babies have become entangled in the ties and material (Lullaby Trust, no date). Your baby can also climb onto them (Scheers et al, 2015). What’s the best way to protect my baby against SIDS? The mattress needs to be kept clean and dry so get one with a wipe-clean covering or a removable top panel that you can wash at a high temperature. Or use a mattress protector so that if (well, when…) your baby dribbles or their nappy leaks, the mattress won’t get wet (Which, 2021b; Lullaby Trust, no date). Baby bedding: what should I use? However, if sleeping together avoid a Moses basket or small cot as they could overheat (Lullaby Trust, no date). Second hand cots: are they safe? Your baby should sleep in the same room as you, day and night, for the first six months. This is where a portable crib or Moses basket can come in handy.NHS (2021) Reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/baby/caring-for-a-newborn/reduce-the-risk-of-sudden-infant-death-syndrome/ [Accessed 12.11.2021] However, the main reason for that is because of a possible small increased risk of SIDS in mattresses brought in from another home (Lullaby Trust, 2018). Don't co-sleep with your baby if you or your partner has been drinking, is a smoker, has been taking drugs (including medication which makes them sleepy) or is extremely tired. As your baby is less able to control their temperature than you are, don’t put them to sleep near a radiator or sunny window, for starters. Nearby blind cords should be secured safely away from your baby, and curtains and baby monitor cables need to be out of reach too (Lullaby Trust, no date). Do I need to get a new mattress for my baby?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment