276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fujitsu D3643-H MB B360 (Intel,1151,DDR4,Micro-ATX), S26361-F5010-V160

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Don't use RAID: https://www.truenas.com/community/r...bas-and-why-cant-i-use-a-raid-controller.139/

Intel i219LM embedded NIC on B360 chipset will likely require an extra.lzma with newer Intel drivers. A “gaming” mainboard would not have been my natural choice. Neither do I really need a dedicated GPU. Unfortunately, none of the currently available mainboards for Intel’s 8th generation (Coffee Lake) CPUs are equipped with two DisplayPorts. As we will see below, this choice of mainboard and GPU negatively affects power consumption. This article describes how to build a fast workstation PC that is almost completely silent (actually the fastest possible in terms of single-thread performance). It is based on a PC build published by German c’t magazine. Why Single-Thread Performance is (Nearly) the Only Thing That Matters TrueNAS Scale for beginners: https://www.truenas.com/community/resources/welcome-to-truenas-scale-beginners-intro.208/That will kill your PSU. Supermicro's *SMALL* spec for a 24-bay chassis is the 920 watt dual module supply, which is not sufficient to guarantee brownout-free spinup when one of the PSU modules is removed. Helge Klein (ex CTP, MVP and vExpert) worked as a consultant and developer before founding vast limits, the uberAgent company. Helge applied his extensive knowledge in IT infrastructure projects and architected the user profile management product whose successor is now available as Citrix Profile Management. Helge is the author of the popular tools Delprof2 and SetACL. He has presented at Citrix Synergy, BriForum, E2EVC, Splunk .conf and many other events. Helge is very active in the IT community and has co-founded Virtualization Community NRW (VCNRW).

Do you have any more low-energy mainboard recommendations? Information on the web seems really scarce on this. I live off the grid (completely solar-powered) and want to replace the Macbook with a powerful workstation with, of course, as small an energy footprint as possible.

The other option would be a Fujitsu d3446-s21 gs1 (it comes with an intel i5 6400). Price difference with previous is about 10 euro. Would this be the better choice of the two? This seems the more "professional" board to me, but my knowledge is limited on this part and I can't find that much information on home servers with this board. Would this give me a good base to start on? Meet Dozers big brother: Acco. Named after the Acco Super Bulldozer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acco_super_bulldozer

Platform with highest idle efficency (for the whole system!): Intel (without a doubt), without disks, pcie-cards and peripherals 5W idle is duable. A; It's not too expensive, I already had the motherboard and it doesn't suffer much from the Intel SMT bugs.I just told you my setup, which I refered to as an example of the powerlevel you where looking for. Also I needed new extra.lzma, extra2.lzma files from https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/ A: I expect the max 22 harddrives to at most consume 480W at spinup (thats a worst case), which is a little above the recommended load but not too bad. PSU is sized on average expected peak load, not absolute maximum expected load.

Multi-thread performance, while probably overrated, is not unimportant. There are quite a few applications out there that do use multiple threads at least part of the time to speed things up. Now, really, I've heard all the stuff about how I'm wrong or how I'm an idiot or how I don't know what I'm talking about, and I can serenely listen to that all day long. If you look at 24-or-more drive arrays, the *lowest* thing I have seen is an 850W nonredundant PSU on the Storinator Q30, which is only possible because they stagger spinup (this is also not their default option, which is a dual 1400W PSU). Your typical Supermicro 846 is a pair of 920W PSU's (1840W available to spin) or 1280W PSU's, HP is IIRC redundant 1460W, etc. I have a hard time thinking all these other electrical engineers are crazy too. I had initially run Cinebench before any Meltdown/Spectre OS and firmware patches. Once the machine was fully patched and the BIOS firmware updated, and I had verified that the patches fully mitigated the threats, I ran Cinebench again. Encouragingly, the Meltdown/Spectre mitigation did not affect the Cinebench performance at all. The multi-core benchmark result was even 3% higher.I would advice just using 1 RAIDZ2 vdev with 6 drives, that leaves you the option to upgrade to 2 or even 3 vdevs in the future. A: At first I will use a placeholder setup (raidz2 or something), goal is to run DRAID with 3 groups of 7 disks with double parity and 1 hot-spare and a tripple mirror metadatavdev only logistic data imported: we have only basic data imported from a supplier, a data-sheet is not yet created by an editor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment