276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dads Army Official Mini Bobble Buddies Figures

£19.975£39.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hodges: "I hope you stay up there to let me enjoy this war in peace. Because I do enjoy this war. I've never enjoyed anything as much in all my life... And you! You always spoil it." [12] Hodges is also disliked by the rest of the platoon, who whistle the theme to Laurel and Hardy when he appears. A number have a personal reason for their contempt. Wilson dislikes Hodges because of his advances on Mrs Pike (this led to Wilson punching Hodges in the face [13]). Godfrey also dislikes him because of his attitude towards the elderly. after Hodges tells Mr. Blewett to shut up, the usually calm Godfrey tells Hodges he is a "rude, common and nasty fellow" [12] and also calls him "the most vulgar, rude and common man I (he) have (has) ever encountered". [14] It is revealed that Hodges is uncle to a Scots boy named Hamish who calls him "Uncle Willie". [3] Personality [ ] Hodges fought in the Great War, where he learned to speak German as a prison guard [1] and developed a dislike of Americans. [2] Family [ ]

According to the novelisation of the feature film of the series, Hodges also bears a grudge against Mainwaring because the latter, as manager of the bank, had found it necessary to reject Hodges' application for a loan, which had been requested for construction of a new storeroom. Mainwaring had suspected that the storeroom would have been used to hoard goods which were in short supply, in direct contravention of wartime regulations. You ruddy hooligans! whenever the Home Guard does something that he does not approve of or when they humiliate him. This program's pilot episode featured alongside Hush, Hush, Here Comes the Bolshie Man on Comedy Parade 1971. Hodges is Captain Mainwaring's main rival in Walmington-on-Sea. A greengrocer, following outbreak of war he has been given power as chief air-raid warden, signified by his white helmet, and that power has gone to his head. He can be as pompous and officious as Mainwaring, but is more uncouth and coarse, antagonising the Home Guard platoon, in particular Mainwaring, whom he calls "Napoleon". Mainwaring responds by referring to him as a "tradesman". This rivalry increased after he was forced to share the church hall with Mainwaring after his headquarters was bombed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment