276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Keeper of Stories: The most charming and uplifting novel you will read this year!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Euan is lovely. He is bus driver who watched Janice going to her work regularly and eventually formed friendships with her that developed into feelings. He is caring, calm, gentle, and lovely person. There was so much depth to his character. I wish I could know him earlier. He is perfect soul mate to Janice. I loved how he made Janice realise there can be more than one story for a person, brought happiness in her life and made her realise she desrves it. Writing is beautiful, heartfelt and slow to steady-paced. The narrative is third person from Janice’s perspective. I enjoyed Janice’s voice. Her tone is both serious and funny just like the stories she collects. ABOUT 'THE KEEPER OF STORIES': Cleaner Janice knows that it is in people’s stories that you really get to know them. From recently-widowed Fiona and her son Adam; to opera-singing Geordie; and the awful Mrs ‘YeahYeahYeah’ and her fox terrier, Decius, Janice has a unique insight into the community around her.

The Keeper of Stories | Bookclubs Discussion questions for The Keeper of Stories | Bookclubs

A charming, uplifting debut novel—full of humor and depth—that has taken readers around the world by surprise. Mrs B is my favorite character. She, at first, looked difficult woman in her 90s but she is just lonely still missing her husband, and want to live on the college campus where her husband worked and they lived, until she dies. But her son has different ideas and he wants her to move to old age homes. It was sad to see no one understood her or spent time with her like Janice did. She looked frail but she is feisty and colorful character as she was spy when she was younger. I found myself aligning with her thoughts and beliefs. And what she did at the end is touching and heartfelt. I just wish I could live with this old lady.If you ever feel like you need some light entertainment in between more serious or painful reads, then this is the right book for you. I certainly felt I could do with such a book and it filled that craving nearly perfectly.

The Keeper of Stories by Sally Page, perfectly written Women The Keeper of Stories by Sally Page, perfectly written Women

Mrs B is in her 90’s and there is far more to her than meets the eye. She is the one who wants to hear Janice’s story. Is Janice ready to reveal it? It is the most engrossing stories. One that has scarred Janice. This book really isn’t something I would’ve found organically and chosen for myself to read, but I was actually pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it in the end. If you want something a little bit different, and you’re the kind of person who makes up a little narrative about every stranger they people watch on public transport - you might really like this one. And the writing is pretty good, it is engaging and the flow is just perfect for this kind of book, which is way out of my comfort zone and therefor quite difficult to rate and review. My only small complaint is slow pace. Often I needed to take a break but it’s not exactly negative point. This book made me pay attention to each details of the stories and that might be the reason I or anyone cannot go faster with this story. I suggest you be patient with this book and you will see this is truly a gem. Everyone has a story to tell. But what if you don’t have a story? What then? If you are Janice, you become a collector of other people’s stories.’Mrs B is no fool and knows there is more to Janice than meets the eye. What is she hiding? After all, doesn’t everyone have a story to tell? Review heartfelt, and perfectly written Women-Centric fiction The Keeper of Stories is wonderful women’s fiction that revolves around Janice the house cleaner and stories she collects of people she works for. The story is mainly about misplaced guilt but there is many layers of trust, betrayal, loss, grief, tough childhood, parent’s influence on children, struggle in life, friendship, and love. The people she cleans for are mainly rich and some high profile. One new client is the brusque Mrs B, the mother of the one she refers to as “Mr No, No, Not Now” his wife “Mrs Yeah, Yeah, Yeah” the only saving grace is their dog a fox terrier called Decius.

The Keeper of Stories - Kindle edition by Page, Sally The Keeper of Stories - Kindle edition by Page, Sally

Cleaner Janice knows that it is in people’s stories that you really get to know them. From recently-widowed Fiona and her son Adam; to opera-singing Geordie; and the awful Mrs ‘YeahYeahYeah’ and her fox terrier, Decius, Janice has a unique insight into the community around her.You can say this i s kind of collection of short stories but it is told by a person observing it and giving it a shape and making the short collection into a novel. And most surprising and amazing is author’s note saying all these stories, both historical and real in book, are based on true stories. There are some really beautiful lines in the book, the most memorable being the ones related to stories. Sample this: “ Every man should leave a story better than he found it.” The lead character, Janice, is the key to this eclectic cast of characters and she is superb. Quiet and unassuming, ‘just a cleaner’, who goes about her everyday life gathering other peoples stories. I simply adored Janice - she is pivotal not only to the other sub stories sprinkled throughout but also to the great life lesson in finding your very own story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment