276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chefs at Home: 54 chefs share their lockdown recipes in aid of Hospitality Action

£13£26.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Founded by Oli Coles and Amelia Wix in March 2020, Hospitality for Heroes set out to ensure NHS workers across London received an ongoing supply of free, comforting and nutritious meals.

Top TV chef and MasterChef judge Anna Haugh (pictured) has joined the University of Greenwich and partners to put together some simple, nutritious and affordable recipes.Anna said: “Everyone deserves to cook and eat great food without stress, for an affordable price. I want to share that passion and help people learn how to stay on a food journey that is good for them and their family. I grew up with my brothers so I always had to battle with my brothers so it wasn’t difficult going into a male-dominated kitchen because it was a world I was used to. If you have a voice and can stand up for yourself, you can go further but I think that stands true whether you are male or female. Once you can stand up for yourself, you don’t leave the opportunity to be bullied I work very hard, not to prove myself as a woman, but because I didn’t do any formal culinary arts training. Anna:The idea that those chefs they get a limited amount of time and what they produce in that time resulted in them getting to stay or go. I thought that was really, really fantastic. What was your favourite moment working on the programme? In 2022, Haugh replaced Monica Galetti as a judge on Masterchef: The Professionals, for the fifteenth series only. [6] They don’t have the experience in the industry to appreciate how much work and drive it takes to get to a certain level and stay in it — anyone can say I worked in a Michelin star restaurant for a year, but who can say I worked in a Michelin star restaurant for 80% of my career.

We both thought it would be great to have Anna as an ambassador for the Kent and Medway Partnership for Enterprise, Food and Health.Thankfully, at the last minute, and I really mean the last minute, the lead singer of the brilliant Brit Award-winning band Bastille has come to save the day and I could not be happier that he is here, please welcome the brilliant Dan Smith."

I think it is irrelevant whether I am working with a woman or a man in a kitchen unless that man in the kitchen is my husband. [Majken’s husband, Jordan Bailey, is head chef at Aimsir.] The best thing about working with him is we naturally want the best for each other in life so we trust each other to tell the other how to improve. It can also be the worst thing, standing cooking at home and either of us says, ‘is it meant to look like that?’ and you say, ‘Oh God! Give me space! [laughing] I love people, it is the best thing about my job. I can have a bad day but the moment a guest walks into a restaurant, I can’t explain it really, it makes my day. It is a very human job, it is amazing to get to know people, hear their stories and share their pleasure at being there. It comes after Matt Tebbutt announced Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl had pulled out of Saturday Kitchen following the aftermath of Storm Eunice. As well as MasterChef: The Professionals, Anna has worked on numerous television shows for the BBC, including Saturday Kitchen and Morning Live.

How to make Mary Berry's easy one-pot chicken and red velvet sandwich cake

This initiative is part of the Kent and Medway Partnership for Enterprise, Food and Health, originally funded by the UK Community Renewal Fund.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment