276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Water Playset. Outdoor Garden Toy, Safe & Portable Kids Table. Sensory Toy for Garden Games, Encourages Creative Play, For Ages 24 Months+

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even though it’ll certainly feel like it to your tot, water tables aren’t all fun and games. Equipped with scoops, spinners, slides, funnels and whirling plastic wheels, these fun-filled STEM toys entertain and encourage imaginative play as kids begin to discover a love of learning. Any type of toy that requires children to use their hands helps promote hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills, says Dr. Sanam Hafeez, a neuropsychologist in New York City. Children can also be taught cause and effect from toys that have different levers, knobs and switches, he explains. They may even improve communication and social skills as they get their tiny hands wet playing with these sweet sensory toys. Just remember: It’s crucial to keep a watchful eye on your child as she plays at the water table. Unsupervised access to water — even an inch or two of it — can pose a serious drowning threat, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). What to look for in a water table Disclaimer: We were sent a Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship Water Table to review. All thoughts are my own and are not influenced by receiving this product. Dexter loves water play (I challenge you to find a child who doesn’t!) so this water table is a dream come true for him. He loves pushing on the pump and watching how the water interacts with the spinners below the crow’s nest and you can see his mind trying to understand how it all works. The small pirate figures are fabulous for role play which he is very much into at the moment and when left to play alone with the Anchors Away Pirate Ship, you’ll often hear him making up stories and scenarios for these little guys. Summer is here, which means only one thing…lots of toddler time in the garden with outdoor toys and nobody makes better toys for the garden than Litte Tikes. Last year we reviewed the Little Tikes 4 in 1 trike, which Dexter adored and this year, in celebration of their 50th anniversary, they sent us the Little Tikes Pirate Ship Water Tableto test out and review.

Price: Before spending a fortune on a water table, it’s important to remember that the vast majority of them — even ones that are relatively easy to clean — get pretty beat up over the course of the season. Kids lose parts and they inevitably get left outside in the elements. To help you find the best water tables, we consulted our editors and scoured posts in the What to Expect community to see what other parents love and recommend to others. Then, we compared those lists with the most highly reviewed options online to come up with a master list of water tables that are not only well worth the investment, but are sure to put a smile on your child's face and provide hours of good fun. Though it may feel like just another playtime activity, time at the water table is a win-win — your child will stay occupied for hours, plus work on all of these skills as she manipulates the fun elements included in a water table.The water table arrived while my husband was at work, so I got it out myself as Dexter could see from the box exactly what was inside and couldn’t contain his excitement! You don’t need any tools to build the Anchors Away Pirate Ship apart from pliers to do the plug which is one of the first bits you build, so unfortunately I fell down at the first hurdle as I was too scared that I’d somehow break the plug! That was very silly of me though as the plug is made from durable rubber and once Neil was home, he got it sorted in about two minutes and the rest of the table was built in about 20 minutes. This stunning Little Tikes pirate water table is the perfect addition to your garden for children aged 24 month to 5 years+ and is big enough for multiple siblings to play with as well as being exciting enough for a child to play with alone. As hard as the plug was to install, it’s a fab addition to the table as it means the water can be emptied easily instead of either lying stagnant in the water table or having to be tipped over to be emptied. Related Post: Little Tikes Perfect Fit 4 n 1 Trike | Review What is the Little Tikes Pirate Ship Water Table?

With so many sizes and accessories available, there are plenty of adorable water tables for parents to choose from. But what every parent really wants to know is which ones will keep your kids engaged the longest. Here’s what to look for when shopping: Size:Likewise, the biggest water tables aren’t always the best ones. While younger children may do better with smaller, lower water tables, older children — and families with multiple kids — will probably prefer larger water tables, since they provide more play space. (Again, no matter the size, make sure to keep a constant eye on your little one when she’s around water.) Who hasn’t heard of American based Little Tikes who manufacture children’s toys including the world famous Cozy Coupe! They create mainly low tech moulded plastic toys for indoor and outdoor use including trikes, toy kitchens, slides, water and sand tables and ride ons. Cleanup: If you don’t properly empty a water table after each use, you risk mold growth. Look for a water table with a drain, so you can easily empty it — and avoid tables with long, narrow parts that are hard to fully empty and clean.

Play elements: You don’t have to buy the most elaborate water table to keep your child occupied for long stretches of time. First, consider your little one’s age. If they’re on the younger side, a few simple elements, like cups and a drip spout or a water wheel, will suffice. (You could even DIY your own water table with a small, short plastic storage bin, some water, and a few toys. Add food coloring for an extra element of intrigue!) If your kids are on the older side, look for a bigger table with more variety and even some interactive elements, like the ability to turn levers on and off or reconfigure the path of the water.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment