276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Eyeshadow Palette, 6 Blendable Matte Nudes Shades for Natural Looks, Compact Size Ideal for Travel, 7.8g

£8.5£17.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Given the timelessness of nude eyeshadow palettes, it should come as no surprise that makeup artists reach for them time and time again. “In my personal experience with neutral eyeshadow palettes, they are remarkably versatile and I have a habit of blending and utilizing all the shades,” says Celebrity Makeup Artist and Omnia Pro Executive Makeup Artist Dominique Lerma. The beauty pro explains that her staples consist of just three neutral shades: a cream color to use across the lid and brow; a light brown or caramel-colored brown to add definition in the crease; and an espresso shade to smoke out the outer corners. “The result of using the right tools and intentional technique is remarkable, and that’s only using three eyeshadow shades,” she adds. We appreciate enthusiasm for new releases but ask readers to please hold questions regarding if/when I did not have a lot of issues with fallout - the shades in this palette are not so pigmented that fallout is a major issue. However, on darker colours like Busted (this shades tends to crumble more than the others, probably because it is probably the most pigmented shade in the palette), you may want to apply some powder on your undereye area for safety before applying it. This is key to how the new Naked Cherry palette was created — all thanks to the constant shifts in the makeup social media world. “I always screenshot looks I like and keep them in an album,” says Zomnir. “I noticed that so many of my favorite eyeshadow looks featured ink and berry tones, done in a neutral way. So we decided to create a new Naked palette inspired by these shades, and when we saw them all together, the name ‘Cherry’ was obvious!”

There is excellent value for money here. I do not really use a lot of product in my eyes or build a lot of coverage (or at least, not with this palette). I have had this palette for 2 years now, and use it lightly about 3 days a week. I have only hit pan on Half-Baked, Verve, and Busted. I can easily see myself using this palette for another 2 years. Suspect is a soft champagne-bronze with a frosted, metallic sheen. It has good color payoff but felt a touch powdery. theBalm Schitzo is more golden and smoother. Sidecar (from Naked 1) is just pinker. Just like fellow UD palettes, the Naked 2 Basics Palette features Urban Decay's Pigment Infusion System™, a blend of ingredients that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich colour and serious staying power. This allows you to blend the buttery matte shades for a neutral, or drama-drenched eye look. And to highlight? Buff on a little Skimp, which boasts a slight satin finish for a multi-dimensional look. Whether you take after Lerma and love a defined, everyday look, or tend to mix and match all kinds of colors, you can’t deny that a great neutral eyeshadow palette is a necessity in your makeup bag. If you’re looking to refresh your selection, or don’t have one yet (no shade—pun intended), you’ve come to the right place. We’ve consulted the experts on exactly how to weed out the best palette for you and got their favorites. From Charlotte Tilbury’s The Sophisticate to the cult-favorite Urban Decay Naked, these are the best neutral eyeshadow palettes ever. What to Look For in a Nude Eyeshadow Palette Busted is a burgundy-tinted, deep brown with warm, golden undertones. It has a soft, frosted finish. The color payoff was good and the texture smooth, though a little less dense than other shades. It’s almost the same as Hustle from Naked 1. MAC Midnight Flurry is a bit more burgundy. theBalm Mahna Mahna is more intense, more red-toned. Wet ‘n’ Wild Comfort Zone is darker, as is MAC Smut.And the Naked Palettes really are universal —you can literally morph into another makeup version of yourself with the touch of any of the shadows. “The beauty of the Naked Palette is that you can do your makeup with it in the morning, throw it in your purse, and transform into a more dramatic look for the evening,” Zomnir adds. It’s the palette that evolves with it’s wearer, and that’s truly what makes the Naked collection so unique, standing out from its many competitors in the beauty market. Verve is a pale beige-gray with a pink tinge. This was in the Rollergirl palette. It doesn’t have a dupe or similar shade in the Naked 1 palette. NARS Grand Palais is several shades darker, while Wet ‘n’ Wild Comfort Zone is more golden and gray (less pink). Urban Decay Ruthless is more beige. It's the palette you'll be pulling out time and time again. With six taupe-hued matte eyeshadows in total, the Naked 2 Basics Palette has a cooler tone than the original Basics Palette, and suits a variety of fair, olive and darker complexions. It's so versatile you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.

But all the Naked palette drama had us thinking about where it all started. So to uncover more about the origin of the Naked Palettes and their evolution, we sat down with Urban Decay mastermind, founder and Chief Creative Officer Wende Zomnir for a little Naked Palette History 101. Here’s what we learned. The quality sure is there; I could immediately see what people are so crazy for UD shadows! You need the lightest hand for the shadows as they're so pigmented. They feel creamy to apply and only the most glittery shadows have much fallout. Booty Call is a peach-tinted white-beige with a frosted finish. It’s new for this palette. It’s just a little peach compared to Urban Decay Virgin. It’s also similar to shades like MAC Vanilla, MAC Baby It’s Cold, Urban Decay Skimp, Inglot #353, and MAC Brule.It wasn’t until Naked2, Naked3 and the other color-centric Naked versions came out, however, that the Naked franchise redefined the eyeshadow family as a whole. It also raised the eyebrows of color-lovers everywhere — Urban Decay’s definition of neutral was expanding. The Urban Decay Naked palettes were created to fulfill a need most individuals have, no matter their ethnicity or skin tone: the need to have all their favorite eyeshadow shades all in one place. “The Naked Palette was created to supply women and men with all their must-have shades to create their favorite looks, the ‘no makeup’ makeup look, to the office appropriate, to the dramatic and sexy smoky eye, and everything in between,” says Zomnir. The double-ended brush it comes with is cruelty-free (synthetic bristles) and works nicely for patting on shadow with one end (can also use the flat end for lining the eyes with shadow); the other end is great for blending and crease definition.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment