276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Hospital Dog

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Quote: Fiets baasje is de kleurrijke Wil. Ze heeft vingers vol ringen en op haar neus staat een bril. Een verhaal over vriendschap, moed en een dappere hond. Alle zieken op de Kinderzaal voelen zich beter als Fiet de Ziekenhuishond langs is geweest. En als er een jongen in gevaar is, aarzelt Fiet geen moment. Een verhaal over vriendschap, moed en een dappere hond. Julia Donaldsonin "Sairaalakoira Sole" (Mäkelä, 2021) on mukava kuvakirja dalmatialaisesta, joka käy ilahduttamassa lapsia sairaalassa. Ja hyvä työ myös palkitaan, kun Solen oma jalka joutuu kipsattavaksi! Julia Donaldson is one of today's most popular writers. Her bestselling titles include The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo's Child and Room on the Broom. Although she is best-known for her picture books, Julia also writes longer novels, plays and songs. She lives in Glasgow and spends a lot of time on stage performing her brilliant sell-out singalong shows!

The latter parts of the book, OH NO. OH NO. I was just crying at that moment. I don’t want to spoil it and the ending of the book made me smile again, but for a bit of the book I was just in tears. The series also explores the emotional journey of Akasha, a 10-year-old diabetic Husky who suddenly went blind. Graeme joins her distraught owners during a consultation, learning about the cause of her blindness. Later, he observes a precision surgery aimed at restoring Akasha’s eyesight, understanding the high stakes involved and the potential life-changing impact of the procedure. I also continued to write “grown-up” songs and perform them in folk clubs and on the radio, and have recently released two CDs of these songs. Așa a fost și în cazul nostru, unde 4 cărți scrise de Julia Donaldson au poposit la noi în bibliotecă când Damian avea 2 ani și 11 luni și au fost citite de sute de ori, nu exagerez.

Inspired by the author’s visit to a children’s hospital during which she saw first-hand the powerful positive impact visits from dogs can have on young patients, Julia Donaldson’s The Hospital Dog will put a wag in the tails of readers young and old, and ease pre-hospital anxiety. It’s a soul-warming hug of a book, with classic Donaldson rhymes, and Sara Ogilvie’s child-centred illustrations adding yet more characterful energy.

Julia also writes fiction, including the Princess Mirror-Belle series, illustrated by Lydia Monks, as well as poems, plays and songs – and her brilliant live shows are always in demand. Această minunată cățelușă este cea care le readuce zâmbetul pe buze copiilor din secția de Pediatrie. Zilnic frecventează spitalul împreună cu stăpâna sa, Roza. Dot, a sweet Dalmatian, and her owner Rose, are doing wonderful volunteer work at their local hospital. Dot loves to go there and offer herself for pats, hugs and companionship to those afraid and hurting in so many different ways. We love those lovely scenes where Dot the Hospital Dog cheered up the kid one by one. Just a pat, a stroke, a cuddle. Each of the children felt much better, calmer, and happier.In another heart wrenching case, Graeme accompanies the veterinary physiotherapy team as they work with 12-week-old Sussex Spaniel, Elton, who requires rehabilitation to regain his ability to walk following a debilitating home accident. Owner Philippa entrusts Elton’s care to the hospital’s experts, hoping they can restore mobility to his hind legs. Dot loves visiting the children of Wallaby Ward and they're always pleased to see her too; from a crying baby to a bored teenager - a pat, a stroke and a cuddle with Dot cheers everyone up. But the work of the hospital dog doesn't stop there and when one of her patients is in trouble, it's up to Dot to save the day! About This Edition ISBN: After the two prepare themselves for their day off they go by bus to the hospital. Wallaby Ward children's wing is waiting for their arrival and are always glad for their visits. The stunning illustrations show the range of children in the ward; a bored teenager, a child without hair, kids on crutches or bed bound, children in wheelchairs, kids who are unsure or unhappy, and Dot visits each helping in some way to make them smile. One of the patients in the hospital is deaf. Can you learn some sign language to help you communicate with him?

Written by the brilliant Julia Donaldson and stunningly illustrated by the award-winning Sara Ogilvie, T he Hospital Dog is a big-hearted tale about a very special, very brave dog.Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments I studied Drama and French at Bristol University, where I met Malcolm, a guitar-playing medic to whom I’m now married. This picture book about a missing toy bear somehow seems like a classic already - with a lovely whiff of nostalgia about it all, while also feeling very current and gently inclusive. My real breakthrough was THE GRUFFALO, again illustrated by Axel. We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes.

Este și ziua de externare a lui Joe, un băiat surdomut, iar Pic, Roza ,Joe și mama lui Joe și părăsesc împreună spitalul. O întâlnire cu un prieten, neatenție din partea copilului, dar și a mamei (știm cu toții ce se poate întâmpla într-o fracțiune de secundă) era pe cale să se sfârșească nefast pentru copil. Intervenția lui Pic i-a salvat viața lui Joe, dar a dus la accidentarea ei, a facturării unui picioruș ce necesită o perioadă de 6 săptămâni de repaos. All in all, a beautiful and fun book about dogs, hospitals, and making people happy. Highly recommended. Hospital Dog (2020) is the latest book from Julia Donaldson - this time out without regular stalwart illustrator/collaborator Axel Scheffler. Before Malcolm and I had our three sons we used to go busking together and I would write special songs for each country; the best one was in Italian about pasta.Alex O'Connell, Children's Book of the Week, The Times The verse skips along as cheerfully as Dot on her way round Wallaby Ward. One of my television songs, A SQUASH AND A SQUEEZE, was made into a book in 1993, with illustrations by the wonderful Axel Scheffler. It was great to hold the book in my hand without it vanishing in the air the way the songs did. This prompted me to unearth some plays I’d written for a school reading group, and since then I’ve had 20 plays published. Most children love acting and it’s a tremendous way to improve their reading. But above all The hospital dog is funny and lively, entertaining and absorbing as Dot careers around the hospital, making everyone smile. The repetition was a bit eh at times, but I didn’t mind it too much especially because it was so cute and so much fun. And I just loved seeing those kids go from worried, frowning, and unhappy to happy and not so stressed out. Plus, the last parts of the hospital visit just made me laugh so hard, seeing Dot in that wheelchair held by one of the kids and then racing around. XD Funnily enough, I find it harder to write not in verse, though I feel I am now getting the hang of it! My novel THE GIANTS AND THE JONESES is going to be made into a film by the same team who made the Harry Potter movies, and I have written three books of stories about the anarchic PRINCESS MIRROR-BELLE who appears from the mirror and disrupts the life of an otherwise ordinary eight-year-old. I have just finished writing a novel for teenagers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment