276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blade Runner: The Final Cut [Blu-ray] [1982] [Region Free]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After several years of legal disputes, [22] Warner Bros. announced in 2006 that it had finally secured full distribution rights to the film, and that there would be a three-stage release of the film: Now for the good news. Even after all my complaining, 'The Final Cut' is absolutely essential viewing. It is the authoritative vision of Ridley Scott's 'Blade Runner,' We have now had a chance to view the Special Edition release of this film and, as anticipated does contain all the extras previously available on the 2007 5 Disc Blu-ray release only this time on BD.

So what I'm about to say may piss off many of the Scott faithful -- even more so, as it's coming from an die hard 'Blade Runner' fan (I count it as my favorite film). Despite my love for Ridley's epic, I have to say that having finally seen the 'Final Cut' (and after so many months of endless hype), this whole business about it being some radically refashioned version is largely hogwash. Even in its zillion different forms that suffered a zillion different alterations (The added/subtracted narration! The lost unicorn scene! The new effects!), Scott's essential vision has remained largely intact throughout. All of the much-buzzed about changes to the various versions of the film are largely cosmetic (or in the case of the narration, merely the removal of annoyances). Despite myth-making to the contrary, has any version of 'Blade Runner' ever been a massively Seven different versions of Ridley Scott's 1982 science fiction film Blade Runner have been shown, either to test audiences or theatrically. The best known versions are the Workprint, the US Theatrical Cut, the International Cut, the Director's Cut, [1] and the Final Cut. These five versions are included in both the 2007 five-disc Ultimate Collectors Edition and 2012 30th-Anniversary Collector's Edition releases.

Extras

The 3D presentation is free of noise, interference or crosstalk, but it does suffer from a slight (a very slight) Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

Blade Runner has been extensively discussed in multiple venues over the last 35 years. Blu-ray.com's original Ridley Scott's Blade Runner is such an important piece of film history, that it almost speaks for itself whenever being mentioned. The film has sparked so many imitators and has influenced such a wide variety of filmmakers, that it is the very embodiment of a true film classic. That fact is an amazing development for a film that was, by most every opinion of the time, a complete and total failure theatrically. Throughout the years, the film has also generated a fair bit on controversy with its ambiguous storytelling, rumored cut scenes, graphic violence and multiple versions and home video releases. There was the "Domestic Cut," the more violent "International Version," the studio edited "Director's Cut" and even a strange "Workprint" edition that mysteriously showed up at a film festival in the early nineties. All of the versions have their own strengths and weaknesses, but the newly edited, cleaned up and reworked "Final Cut" is now here for the entire world as Mr. Scott's definitive edition. Warner has announced that this is an error, which should be corrected by the time retailers receive final

Picture Quality

been spiffed up in terms of its visual effects and other slight digital tweaks, there are segments of these three other versions that suffer slightly by comparison. Grain can be slightly exacerbated, and contrast sometimes wavers in consistency during effects shots. It's pretty minor, and of course, 'The Final Cut' is where Ridley Scott and Warner appropriately focused most of their attention. Even fans who come to this release most interested in the older versions of the movie are unlikely be disappointed.

Blade Runner Special Edition News and Views", brmovie.com, Feb. 2, 2006" . Retrieved July 27, 2007.The Final Cut was re-released on Ultra HD Blu-ray on September 5, 2017 (one month prior to the theatrical release of Blade Runner 2049). This release includes standard Blu-ray editions of The Final Cut along with the US theatrical cut, the international cut, and the Director's Cut, as well as the Dangerous Days documentary on DVD. apiary that K is surprised to find during his quest; the distant piano notes that play like memories

So what are the differences between 'The Complete Collector's Edition' and 'The Ultimate Collector's Edition'? 'The Ultimate

unjustified. The review score for extras has been lowered accordingly, along with the overall score. Now bear with me, please, because here's where the story gets even more twisted. Consistent with the putative focus on the a b Kaplan, Fred (September 30, 2007). "Blade Runner: The Final Cut - Movies - New York Times". The New York Times . Retrieved November 24, 2007.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment