276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shadow the Sheepdog

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dust jacket age-toned and lightly worn, a number of creases and minute splits at edges, larger split at head of front panel, small loss at base of spine, pen underlining on rear panel, front flap clipped, now in removable archival film; Blue paper boards a touch shelving-worn at base of spine, gilt lettering and cover design bright; Pages and page edges age-toned, top edge sprayed blue, slight offsetting on endpapers, no ownership marks; Binding tight. I'm rather embarrassed to admit that there was no detective work involved, as a child I was obsessed with Lassie, I could have gone on Mastermind about her and the knowledge has clearly never left . Her first attempts at writing were rejected by publishers which just made her more determined to succeed. A typical Blyton story with lots of adventures full of life lessons and values for young readers (and probably a few older readers also) to learn such as being honest, respectful, working hard to achieve your goals, the strong bonds of friendship, and being humble. These Collins editions were issued without dust jackets and boards showing the same illustration that featured on wrappers.

Shadow the Sheep-Dog - Page 2 - The Enid Blyton Society Shadow the Sheep-Dog - Page 2 - The Enid Blyton Society

Książka napisana jest w bardzo przyjemny i lekki sposób, jednak, u mnie nie trafiła na odpowiedni czas, chyba ten styl jest już daleko za mną. We take pride in offering a wide selection of used books, from classics to hidden gems, ensuring there?Shadow finds that life on the farm is hard work, but he learns fast and grows up to be a real champion. We understand that not everyone can donate right now, but if you can afford to contribute, we promise it will be put to good use. After working on the column for years, Blyton quit "Teachers World" in 1945 and also ended her stint as editor of "Sunny Stories" seven years later. Readers will also learn wonderful lessons about honesty, obedience, not running away from your problems, kindness, forgiveness, and selflessness. I'm not sure if this short story is taken from the book,or is separate from Shadow's other adventures as it's so long since I read the book?

Shadow Sheepdog for sale in UK | 57 used Shadow Sheepdogs Shadow Sheepdog for sale in UK | 57 used Shadow Sheepdogs

Even after her death, her endearing stories continue to draw the rapt attention of children everywhere.Interestingly, Black Bob the Dandy wonder dog first appeared in 1944, two years after Shadow and of a similar idea of a boy and his collie having adventures. Shows some reading wear throughout , the green cloth covered boards are worn with some marks externally. artist book illustrated with 8 black and white photographic images taken on Dartmoor in southern England, with short textual "statements". Feel good story about intelligent loyal English Sheepdog (like Lassie) and his sheep-farm boy owner Johnny.

Shadow the Sheepdog - AbeBooks Shadow the Sheepdog - AbeBooks

I really loved this book, and I think kids of all ages would enjoy this sweet and adventurous story. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher.I'm looking forward to your article though with Shadow being a particular favourite EB dog of mine (I really can't choose between him and Timmy! By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Enid I think wrote this in the book, so that the reader would be genuinely upset, and rather alarmed that the farmer could even consider selling such a wonderful dog.

Shadow The Sheepdog - Short Story - The Enid Blyton Society Shadow The Sheepdog - Short Story - The Enid Blyton Society

It so happens that I read this book quite recently, so I can definitely say it is not in the book (and it is a fairly early edition).Once home, Johnny's Father is full of praise for Johnny's ability to take the sheep on his own to market. They teach Shadow, from a puppy themselves, and grow to love this adorable dog, who goes on to win sheep dog trials, and becomes a faster runner than any of the other dogs. In another instance, a boy was bullying Johnny as he went to school, causing the boy to be late every day for a week. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment