276°
Posted 20 hours ago

New Ladies Women’s Chunky Cable Knitted Poncho Sweater Jumpers Tops UK Plus Size

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These free knit poncho patterns would make great knit gifts for the holiday season. Many of these patterns are unisex, so you can make these patterns for men as well. Even if you're new to knitting, there's an easy knit poncho for beginners or two on this list. You'll be sure to find something you can manage and be very proud of. In this section, you’re creating a create a wide rib collar using the 1×1 ribbing for the top, where it sits on your shoulders. So, you’re going to knit into the knit stitches and purl into the purl stitches. Stay warm & cozy with a hand-knitted poncho, expressing your creativity, style and design. Knitted to fit your body, in your style, in your favorite color, using the yarn of your dreams. Knitted ponchos are a staple for your winter wardrobe. ;)

Garter stitch poncho that’s as easy as counting to 50: diamond panels with 50 stitches on each side and 50 decreases with side panels of 50 stitches times 50 ridges. Chunky yarn. Designed by CabinFeverSisters My finished ponchos measured about 45″ wide by 16 1/2″ long and I’m about 5’9″ with a medium build. If you’re shorter, you’ll need a little less, if you’re taller, you’ll need a little more.Yes, yes they can be (it depends on the pattern) and they can be beginner friendly too! So, you don’t need a lot of experience before knitting your first garment. 🎉 What’s the best yarn to use for a poncho? Even though ponchos are more forgiving than, say, a sweater, it’s still a good idea to make a gauge swatch before getting started on your pattern. Achieving the correct gauge will ensure that your poncho won’t be too tight or too large. If you need to, adjust your needle size to achieve the correct gauge. Choose the right yarn. Repeat in the purl 1, knit 1 pattern until you have 1 stitch remaining and then purl the last stitch.

For all of my poncho patterns, bulky or super bulky, I used about 600-700 yards of yarn (6-7, 100-yard skeins). I thought I’d need more using the bulky yarn, but it ended up being about the same.Repeat rows 6-7, until it measures 15″ (38cm) from the beginner or until desired length, minus the bottom ribbing.

The Rodeo Drive Poncho is perfect for an adventurous beginner (and there’s a video tutorial that walks you through the whole process of knitting the poncho). It’s an a-line construction that’s worked top-down and in-the-round with a cable detail that runs down the front. Don’t let the cable scare you – it’s not hard to do once you understand the process. Here’s a link to video tutorial: Rodeo Drive Poncho Video Tutorial. Most of the time I use a 24″ or 32″ cable. If you have a 32″ you can do most poncho patterns and some blankets too! At first, let’s keep it as simple as possible, you can always work up to something more challenging. Materials & Tools Needed to Knit a Poncho:

Ideal for layering.A poncho is an excellent piece to have in your closet to throw over a sweater, dress, or tank top. These pieces transition seamlessly throughout the seasons and occasions. Knitting Needles. This seems obvious, right? But ponchos are very large projects and usually have more stitches than will fit on regular straight needles. If you are planning on knitting large projects like these, especially in the round, get yourself a good circular knitting needle set. Some ponchos are knit flat and seamed, but they still might require circular needles to hold all the stitches. The Shoulder Cozy (also from Churchmouse Yarns) is a capelet that’s worked in the round from the bottom-up. It’s Garter stitch, when worked in the round, means you knit a row then purl a row, and it includes some basic decreases to create the shape. The pattern uses two yarns held together to create the cozy halo and it also comes in two sizes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment