276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Change: the must read debut feminist fiction novel and crime thriller of 2022!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The perfect mix of droll and nonchalant, this was a delightful syncopation with words while exploring topics meaningful to women. I can’t emphasize enough my appreciation for the deadpan wit and this special writing skill. When the three friends, guided by Nessa’a power of sight find the body of a young girl discarded in a garbage bag in a secluded area on Danskammer Beach, the local police lean towards writing the victim off as a drug-addicted sex worker. But this is just the beginning of a series of events that leads to the uncovering of a complex web of secrets, corruption and criminal activity in the affluent community of Mattauk. Together, Nessa, Jo and Harriet make a formidable trio and anyone guilty of these atrocious crimes against women and young girls better beware! A pointed, punchy, and potent thriller...wry and clever, serious and exacting, and masterfully suspenseful." Booklist (starred review) I don’t have enough allotted characters to express my love for this feminist fiction. It’s more empowering than “The Power”, and just as entertaining as “Lessons in Chemistry”, but in a different way!

Jo has left behind her career as well and now is hot all the time. She discovers that she can in fact channel all that heat.Jo Levison is a former hotel executive who now owns a female only gym and harnesses her rage into a super strength This book is phenomenal, and it’s a complete standout for me this year! I have no doubt it will be on my top 10 list of favorite 2022 reads. There is no way I can adequately express how much I loved it, but I’ll at least try.

This tough, tenacious, and somewhat terrifying trio of ladies are JUST the sort of vigilantes you need to READ to believe! All the most powerful emotions come from chaos -fear,anger,love- especially love. Love is chaos itself. Think about it! Love makes no sense. It shakes you up and spins you around. And then, eventually , it falls apart.” Mattauk, New York boasts of a fine community with beach access and lawns trimmed to perfection. You'll meet its individuals with some citizens who care more than others. But something dreadful will have the residents eyeing one another and searching for answers. Today will be the day. ailice on Book Tour and Guest Post: No Heart for a Thief (Malitu #1) by James Lloyd Dulin October 30, 2023Ambitious former executive Jo Levison has spent thirty long years at war with her body. The free-floating rage and hot flashes that arrive with the beginning of menopause feel like the very last straw—until she realizes she has the ability to channel them, and finally comes into her power. Pharrell, Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, Bill Clinton and More Remember Clarence Avant: “The Ultimate Example of What Change Looks Like” Many thanks to NetGalley, William Morrow, and Kirsten Miller for an ARC of this book! Now available as of 5.3!!**

I daresay the ending mirrors a recent real life situation a bit too closely but I guess also that's what makes it realistic.A complimentary copy was provided by William Morrow & Company via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment