276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sakura Koi Watercolour Pocket Field Sketch Box 30 Assorted Colours, Acrylic, Multicoloured, 5 Piece Set

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have had my watercolors for some time now, so I’m starting a series of reviews on the brands I have. Available in 30 assorted colours, Koi Water Brush (reusable brush), sponge and accessories; includes mixing tray in the lid. You not only give direction of what we should do but also why it would improve the quality of the piece. I’m going to apply a similar method to the blue fish underneath by adding a few brush marks of additional texture.

Each fully contained kit features a water brush, sponge, a removable palette and twenty-four mini watercolor cakes in a sturdy plastic case. I follow your blog but I have never tried one of your tutorial but yesterday I challenged myself and I painted the koi fishes!

If we left all the analysis at this point, you would say, “Well for heaven’s sake, why would anyone bother getting the Winsor and Newton over the Sakura if there’s only a tiny difference? Explore a whole new spectrum of stunning effects by mixing these Creative Art Colors with your traditional watercolor set.

The blocks are securely glued down which means if you want to take them out you'll have to prize 'em out and risk wrecking the inlay]. It comes in two parts, the brush head with a cap and the bottle with a stopper - some would say the drawback to this would be that the brush screws on to the left but this isn't really a flaw as you can get used to that. In addition to the brush, there’s also a small yellow sponge for cleaning the brush on the go, which is a nice touch.Start by transferring the outlines of the fish to a sheet of watercolor paper then tape it down onto a board.

I want to replace it, but my other brush pens are filled with ink, and it isn't so bad that replacing it has taken priority, so it stays. Now I want to start adding more texture, as a way to imitate the blotchy patterns on the skin of the koi fish, and to give an impression of scales. Colours include Aureoline Hue, Burnt Umber, Cadmium Red Hue, Cerulean Blue, Chinese White, Cobalt Blue Hue, Crimson Lake, Ivory Black, Jaune Brilliant, Lemon Yellow, Light Red, Olive Green, Payne’s Gray, Permanent Green Deep, Permanent Orange, Permanent Yellow Deep, Prussian Blue, Purple, Quinacridone Rose, Ultramarine, Vermilion Hue, Viridian Hue, Yellow Green, and Yellow Ochre. Keep these larger sets close by in your studio for a quick splash of color and to create deep washes for backgrounds.Now bare in mind, this is important, do NOT let ANYTHING damage/break/split/bend the sealed end of the fibres! p>A large 9ml size water reservoir barrel
A detachable medium brush tip
Two dabbing sponges
A snap lid acts as an easel for postcard sized paper
The detachable pegged palette secures to the kit base either to the right, left or center sides. The sponges can be used to clean pigment off the brush, remove excess water, or to make textured patterns on the artwork.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment