276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ransom Notes - The Ridiculous Word Magnet Party Game, 3+ Players

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ransom Notes is a party game for 3 to 6 players, aged 17+ that contains myriad magnetic words used to complete challenges such as writing a convincing argument claiming dinosaurs aren’t real or offering to apply suncream on a rapidly burning stranger on the beach or even answering questions such as what’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told. My Tuppence Worth The suggested time limit of 90 seconds per round is too dang short! We ended up just giving everyone as much time as they needed to come up with an answer. And by “everyone” I mean “me,” because I am old and have lost my brain sparkle. Although I think I wasn’t giving myself enough magnets. Here is what the recommended number of magnets for a round looks like (“three pinches,” or about 75 magnets): Master wordsmiths and "shy" people alike have no choice but to create hilariously awful responses — an equal playing ground for all! We played with kids ages 12 and up (younger than the suggested age). In theory, you could play with younger kids, but even though the play is simple, it can be surprisingly mentally taxing (unless some inspiration jumps out at you), and I don’t think younger kids would have understood the point, or had fun with it. With 250 absurd prompt cards and a new pool of words every time, this party game has infinite hilarious combinations

Ransom Notes | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Players respond to outlandish situations like “Tell someone you’ve clogged their toilet at a party” with just their limited pool of word magnets, leaving even master wordsmiths no choice but to create awesomely horrendous phrases. With hundreds of word magnets included, every round is always fresh, wildly creative, and tears-streaming-down-your-face funny. When we start playing this game in my family, no one wants to stop. We just keep saying, "Let's do one more," after playing for hours. The game has almost no rules, and no learning curve. It has our family in absolute stitches, and in amazement at the cleverness of people's responses. It's a bonding experience for the whole family (kids in their 20s). I love this game! I bought it randomly and now it’s one of my friends favorite game for me to bring to all our gatherings. You get to be creative but silly and it’s so much fun with a group of friends or people you just met. Some of the prompt cards mention themes that are a bit adult, i.e. "Where do babies come from?" or "Write a commercial for cocaine." BUT, if you do want to make it entirely family friendly, pulling about 20% of the Prompt Cards should make the game totally PG and playable for all! With 250 absurd prompt cards and new word magnets each turn, Ransom Notes is tears-streaming-down-your-face funny every time you play.So aside from potentially running out of word magnets and not having more displays to show your sentences on I’m sure you could play with a bigger player count than 6. Designed for 3-6 players, Ransom Notes is perfect for game night groups who want a game that's as silly as it is clever. Protected: Podcast 36: She googled THIS on a Friday night and what she saw made her lose her mind! September 2, 2017 The submission cards are made of tin so they’re magnetic, but not too magnetic. Your words won’t get messed up when you make your face-down submission and you won’t spend much time wiping them off when the round is over. There are also some prefixes and suffixes in the mix, that didn’t happen to make it into this collection.

Ransom Notes Adult Party Game - Mighty Lancer Games

The game is structured so there’s not one person who’s “it” and has to sit out the fun. They also stipulated that whoever is judge of the round may chose his own answer as the winner, but it had better be awfully good; and the other players can unanimously overrule him, if necessary. Some of the funniest answers were just a word or two. If you’re only interested in receiving the newest games this is the box for you; guaranteeing only the latest games! Buy New Releases Box » If it is after 2pm on a Friday, a weekend or bank holiday you must wait until the next working day before your item is shipped. Where possible we will aim to ship faster but we reserve the right to adhere to the policy. Favorite game for me to bring to all our gatherings. You get to be creative but silly and it’s so much fun with a group of friends or people you just met. Rated 15+, but make your responses as clean or dirty as you like — it all depends on who you play with!A creative party game for making hilariously terrible sentences. Players respond to outlandish situations like "Tell someone you've clogged their toilet at a party" with just their limited pool of word magnets, leaving even master wordsmiths no choice but to create awesomely horrendous phrases. With hundreds of word magnets included, every round is always fresh, wildly creative, and tears-streaming-down-your-face funny.

Has anyone else tried Ransom Notes? I’ve been loving it. Has anyone else tried Ransom Notes? I’ve been loving it.

The major quibble I had was that they were trying a little too hard to steer you toward a naughty game experience (and yes, it does say it’s for ages 17+.) We didn’t come across any really R-rated words (I think we found “boob,”“genital,”“panties,” and “bitchy” and a few others at that level), but there were a lot of words like “secrete” and “bedroom” and “flesh” which are not inherently sexy, but it felt like the word selection overall was weighted in that direction. Not really. While a majority of prompt cards are certainly suitable for all audiences, there are quite a few that are definitely not. BUT, if you do want to make it family friendly, pulling about 15-30% of the cards should make the game totally PG and playable for all! Ransom notes are perfect for adult game nights, quirky holiday gifts, and hilarious birthday gifts for smart people. The game is rated 17+ for mature content, but can easily be made family-friendly by removing some of the prompt cards.

You may also like…

Ransom Notes the ridiculous word magnet party game that sees players using word magnets to respond to outlandish prompts with their limited pool of words. Could you write a review of your childhood with your limited selection of words? With over 800 magnets this game feels fresh every time you play. A great, funny party game for games nights, stag and hen parties What's Inside Ransom Notes?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment