276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Curing & Smoking: River Cottage Handbook No.13

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The book received extremely positive reviews from numerous food critics and newspapers, causing national attention to be brought to the method of charcuterie.

All aspects of smoking hot or cold in every imaginable way (not sure if I read about portable smokers – what I started with, wrote about them here, for camping or backyard gas grill action). I was raised in an old farmhouse in the country and taught by three generations of women in my family to cook from scratch, can and preserve food, nurture plants to grow, craft with my hands, and live a simple, meaningful life. He has written for numerous magazines, including American Rifleman and Field and Stream, and his books include The Complete Book of Making Jerky, The Complete Guide to Sausage Making, and The Ultimate Guide to Growing Your Own Food. I've settled for when I enjoy enough in it, passed on through memos and internet posts, to find a copy and read through dogearing pages or hand-copying. The second part of the book is organized by the preservation method, with an introduction to each one, and comprehensive guidance on how to do it.I've been making my own sausages for a while and a planned (albeit now scrapped) opportunity to harvest a ton of boar meat, I wanted to make the jump to salumi. Drawing on a rich array of source materials including previously unseen, fascinating (and often quite moving) oral histories, archival and news media sources, 'Curing queers' examines the plight of men who were institutionalised in British mental hospitals to receive 'treatment' for homosexuality and transvestism, and the perceptions and actions of the men and women who nursed them. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Lorraine Eaton of The Virginian-Pilot said that the book "eloquently and patiently walks you through everything from bacon to Spanish chorizo.

I want to learn to dry and preserve meats, and was hoping this book would teach me how to do so safely. It does have some good tutorials and a few good recipes but overall I think there are better books out there.Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. This book is a must-have for the dedicated home chef looking to up their game and at least a must-read for the novice home sausage maker looking for a solid reference to get started from. It's an interesting read with many formulations to help the novice on their journey to creating artisan meats and sausages in a safe manner.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment