276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Stars (Hetty Feather)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Both girls fell ill during the influenza outbreak, and Hetty became very sick, though Polly recovered fast. Follow Hetty on her hard journey as she struggles to look after 8 year old Diamond, who just longs for a normal childhood. Nick Sharratt has written and illustrated many books for children including Shark in the Park, You Choose and Pants. As well as winning many awards for her books, including the Children's Book of the Year, Jacqueline is a former Children's Laureate, and in 2008 she was appointed a Dame.

His lurking presence is a good lesson, I think, especially for the older readers who are probably reading this independently. Before wrapping this (entirely too lengthy) review, I need to spare a word or two for the littlest Little Star, sweet tiny Diamond who seems to steal every heart (of anyone with a heart, that is) wherever she goes. I absouloutly love this series, I loved it the first time I ever read it (this was a re-read) and I managed to force a few friends to read it too. Besides, if I say so myself, he's a perfect match for Hetty, and not just because he's so much closer to her own age and size than. Although it was great to read about Hetty's breakthrough with acting, the fact remained that poor Diamond was still not given her happy ending.

This is still the ambitious and determined foundling I fell in love reading about, but in a way I couldn't relate to her. Jacqueline is one of the nation’s favourite authors, and her books are loved and cherished by young readers not only in the UK but all over the world. She has appeared in eight books, Hetty Feather, Sapphire Battersea, Emerald Star, Diamond, Little Stars, Clover Moon, Hetty Feather's Christmas and Dancing the Charleston.

The Illustrated Mum won the Guardian Children’s Fiction Award, the 1999 Children’s Book of the Year at the British Book Awards and was also shortlisted for the 1999 Whitbread Children’s Book Award. One thing I would change is how the fact that Jem's wedding is only about 5 pages long, I was really expecting it to be a key event in the story however, I also like that it wasn't more than 5 pages because it really showed Hetty growing up and becoming more independent without needing Jem. She is also young, so she doesn't understand every situation as well, but I feel these two traits are in conflict with each other, as one implies she's wise to the dangers but the other not. Hetty and Diamond quickly become the Little Stars of Mrs Ruby’s show, alongside many colourful acts – including an old friend from Hetty’s past, Flirty Bertie.She is nearly carried away by a gentleman but Sissy rescues her and Hetty helps sell flowers with her. They perform for the whole season, but when Diamond falls off the springboard and hurts herself, and is threatened by her master, Hetty takes Diamond and they run away. This is the fifth book of the Hetty Feather series, and needless to say, I also adored this book, and still do.

Hetty gets to play the roles of Alice in Alice in Wonderland at the Calvacade music Hall and she plays young Davy in David Copperfield. All the Hetty books are great but this is my second favourite (after the first and original) - the way it ties everything together from the previous books, how we meet again characters from the past and if we don’t meet them , they get a mention in Hettys memories. The book was average, it wasn't something that will stick with me - unlike the rest of this series which I adore and will stand my favourite series from as a child, which I did absolutely relish when reading them. Occasionally, once in a long while, I worried the material was a little too mature for a second grader, assuming she picked up on it, but ultimately I think it was okay. I surprisingly managed to read this book in a single day - a first ever to read a book in a single day, and it wasn't a terrible experience If I can say.Hetty and Diamond go to visit Madame Adeline, but all of Mr Marvel's monkeys and Mr Marvel himself have died, leaving only Madame Adeline and the baby monkey, Mavis.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment