276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ACT Your Age, Eve Brown: 3 (Brown Sisters, 3): A Novel (The Brown Sisters)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve got a great selection for you of free audiobooks for road trips that will keep you hooked for the entire journey. A romantic comedy between a spoiled, chaotic angel who’s trying to prove herself and an uptight, sarcastic bed-and-breakfast owner who simply cannot stand her.

By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I don't read a whole lot of this specific genre, but I probably would if they were all more like hers! But just as easily as he judged her, he quickly realizes that she really might be what he needs at the establishment.

This has Eve taking off, finding herself in the small picturesque place of Skybriar in the Lake District in the rain.

As someone who discovered she was on the spectrum as an adult, it was very nice reading from the perspective of someone who goes through the same thing. Building on the success of the first two novels in her Brown Sisters trilogy, Hibbert’s formula is burnished to perfection in Act Your Age, Eve Brown, a delightful comedic confection. It’s a pretty silly opposites-attract setup, but it works because Hibbert always treats her characters and audience with respect. She accidentally runs over our hero who owns the bed and breakfast and has subsequently been thrusted into taking charge of the place.She thought she would be nervous about suddenly doing the housekeeping with Jacob, but to her delight, she felt quite alright about it. Most people can't jump to one job to the next with no financial concerns because their parents or caregivers are loaded with money. On one hand, it does make sense how the conflict happens due to the overemphasis; on the other hand, the characters had shown great understanding to each other before it happened.

The two people work on fixing up the rooms and when they go to the storage to get more blankets and some other things, they nearly forget themselves listening to a couple of quarrels. Diagnosis does not change the autistic experience, but it is incredibly frustrating that care can be so difficult to access, and difficult to feel seen within the medical system.

If you tell me there’s a book about two autistic people finding love and happiness, I’m going to read it, and Eve Brown did not disappoint! Not only are their lives completely opposite, but the way they handle situations differ quite a bit. I was raised to always try your hardest at whatever you do, even if you might fail, and to not give up right away - Eve does the exact opposite of this. I'm really drawn to them, and I actively seek out romances with characters who are not neutrotypical.

Chastity is a huntress determined to slaughter all monsters, Luke is a monster determined to mate Chastity and love her forever and ever. When they were pregnant at the same time, they had an epic fight that destroyed both the band and their friendship. Talia also has an incredible way of writing the dynamic between sisters, friends, and romantic interests.They both have to exist in a world that caters to neurotypical people, and they feel seen in each other’s company. They're realistic and grounded while still being entertaining to read about, and they have the best banter. So I was laying awake last night, wishing I could fall asleep, when I remembered that today is release day for Talia Hibbert’s new book, Act Your Age, Eve Brown. My only 'complaint' was that her old 'friends' got like 0 comeuppance, which is fine, realistic and not really they point but just reading how they took advantage of her because she was trying to be nice made my blood boil!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment