276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Liqui Moly Diesel Purge

£6.995£13.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I ran the engine at several different speeds as you're supposed to until the jar was almost empty, didn't want to draw any air into the system. I've been thinking about this for the last few days and comparing my results to yours and particularly what you wrote about smoke.

Fuel injector cleaners have been proven to work and they can completely change your car’s performance. From a sharper throttle response to improved fuel economy, there is a list of improvements that can be made. Injection noise, you know that 'tak tak tak tak tak', pretty much did not get that before the purge, but now its very evident, both from the pump and from the injectors. I figure there was a small build of sediment 'softening' the action the pump/injector springs & needles? Not the right terminology maybe, but it does sound very much more distinct, even with the bonnet closed.As well as testing the latest fuel injector cleaners and plenty of research, our recommendations are also rated based on their cleaning abilities, brand reputability, treatment duration and value for the money. Conclusion

Other users state that after using the product their engine performs better, smoke less, runs smoother, delivers more power and is quieter. With LIQUI MOLY additives you protect your motor, reduce your fuel consumption and save cash. Our oil additives clean the motor from the inside, minimise friction and wear, reduce oil consumption and protect against corrosion. They are suitable for both petrol and diesel motors and help to recreate the original performance of your vehicle motor. The company is arranging exclusive opportunities for motorsport engine builders, vehicles preparers, competitors, organisers and championship providers to promote the use of Liqui Moly oils and additives in the most extreme and competitive conditions. So maybe it did have some work on the fuel system before I bought it and with the removal of the cat and EGR valve it's cleaned it up even more? So a week or so ago I was thinking of pulling my injectors out to give them a good clean, until somebody showed me this video:

Conclusion

MPG, too soon to know actual numbers, but 30-60mph the instant readout numbers are noticably 'UP' on what they normally are. I'm also getting 'shown' 48-52mpg on town runs when I was getting 43-45mpg before, again too soon to be verified in any real method though so could just be a change in my driving style or placebo. Plan out where to place the glass jar, in-line fuel filter and measure out a few lengths of PVC tube and cut accordingly using the Stanley knife. Connect the in-line fuel filter to the fuel-in line with the arrow in the direction of flow. Then finished the run, and tipped the remainder into the diesel filter. Drove a fair bit down on power for all of 3 minutes (I guess until it had become almost all pump diesel again) and then wahey.... Liqui Moly Diesel Purge is a fuel system and injector cleaner that is suitable for all diesel engines both with and without diesel particulate filters. Use the pliers to pinch the fuel line clips on the engine side (not the fuel filter clips) and remove both the fuel and return line (Give it a twist and abit of persuasion). Connect the two fuel lines using the vacuum fitting and reset the clips.

Liqui Moly Diesel Purge can be used as a preventative by adding to the diesel fuel tank according to the inspection intervals. What is the difference between running the hpfp normally and forcing it to run with vcds? In both instances it is being run dry until the system is purged. In this video Kent uses a 1983 300D Turbo to demonstrate the procedure and you will see and hear first hand the difference in the way the engine runs. Low end pull, 900-1200 rpm a slight improvement, 1200-1600rpm (when any meaningful boost comes in) BIG IMPROVEMENT in terms of 'willingness' to pull, actual acceleration and engine tone, also reduction/ almost elimantion of smoke I was getting at these revs/throttle % Verified by GF and a mate who both regularly borrow car and asked why it was suddenly 'actually accelerating' when you use small amounts of throttle at low revs. After plenty of research and testing, we found that the best fuel injector cleaner is the STP Ultra 5-in-1. It’s suitable for both petrol or diesel-powered cars and is designed to clean and protect the fuel system and injectors. However, if you would prefer a dedicated diesel fuel injector cleaner, the brand offers a diesel-specific alternative.

What is a diesel system cleaner?

Smoke, I don't get the giant smoke cloud every morning at a cold start (pump timing and everything else, apart from MAF is perfect), yes there will be smoke, but not enough it changes the colour of the neighbours dog. LM Performance is the authorised distributor of Liqui Moly products in the UK, supplying the motorsports, vehicles tuning, classic car, marine sports and high-performance vehicle sectors with the extensive range of oils, additives and workshop chemicals made in Germany. Safe for use on engines with or with out a turbocharger tested, and perfectly compatible with all conventional diesel and biodiesel fuels.

Discover how our powerful diesel system cleaner can help you: Why you should use JLM Rapid Fuel System CleanWhen I say 'ran it till nearly empty', I mean I was driving the car at various speeds and various RPMs, not idling! Our diesel fuel system cleaner is highly concentrated and enters the motor undiluted via the fuel filter. This allows the diesel system cleaner to effectively remove soot deposits in the fuel rail, from injectors, valves, pistons, and from the combustion chamber. This saves you time and money as your vehicle will run optimally after JLM Rapid Fuel System Clean J02330 gives it a powerful diesel purge. LM Performance is happy to provide full technical assistance in conjunction with Liqui Moly from their state-of-the-art laboratories in Germany. Our diesel fuel system cleaner works best when you replace the fuel filter before using it. Then, fill the new filter with JLM Rapid Fuel System Clean and allow the engine to run undiluted on the additive. How to use JLM Rapid Fuel System Clean Do NOT change fuel that often! New fuel filter lets in larger contamination particles than slightly clogged one. Let the fuel filter run 40-45k km before changing it. You are really doing more harm than good with that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment