276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Curate: Inspiration for an Individual Home

£15£30.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Of course, if you’d rather choose from an all-you-can-eat buffet of book ideas, then you can fill your plate from prompts contests past. 4. Draw inspiration from the world of fiction Bridget Jones's Diary was inspired by Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice — and gave Colin Firth the chance to double-dip as Mr Darcy. Need a jumping-off point? We’ve got you covered with our lovingly curated list of over 200 short story ideas. Here are a few to whet your appetite: Start your story with someone looking out at the snow, and end it with them stepping tentatively onto a frozen surface. While most kids want to be astronauts or famous athletes when they grow up, I always wanted to be a librarian. I had my first home library when I was only eight. My grandma gifted me the entire Nancy Drew collection in a chest that I kept at the foot of my bed. By the time I was in high school, I had a towering bookcase filled with novels. And when I married a reader, my book collection nearly doubled. “How do actual librarians and literary experts organize their collections?” Alternately, Sharifah Williams, Managing Editor of Book Riot, embraces a more fluid organization process that is always up for reinvention: “Most recently, my nonfiction, fiction, cooking, and comic books were separated, and then sorted by size. But with an upcoming move, I anticipate (with the extra level excitement of a bookworm) yet another reorganization.”

A literary fiction story about personal growth (Three of Pentacles): the protagonist withdraws from daily life (The Hermit) and embarks on a new adventure (The Fool). For those days when you’d rather enjoy the company of fictional friends than real ones, there’s Introverts Retreat — a book subscription box that helps you make the most of your precious time alone. Each box contains everything you need for a blissful day to yourself: your choice of novel from a great selection; a candle, bath salts, and scented soap; coffee, tea, or cocoa; and a sweet treat lovingly made by an indy baker or chocolatier. With this box at your disposal, you’ll never want to leave the house again. 17. Chocolate and Book So these two trailblazers created their own. Now you can share in the excitement of opening a box crammed with brand new literature and merchandise celebrating queer pairs (of all sorts!). Book boxes for literary littluns There are a few ways you can organize your books at home. You may prefer to color code for an aesthetically pleasing look, or you may discover sorting by genre or alphabetically works best for you.You can strike the right balance by acquainting yourself with popular tropes, then learning how to revitalize them to make an original book idea. Simple twists like these might be all you need to find a fresh angle on the kind of stories you love to read: Each week, five nuggets of inspiration are delivered straight to your inbox. If a prompt takes your fancy, you have a week to write a short story, which you then pass under the noses of your fellow authors and Reedsy’s panel of judges. So not only are you getting your creative juices flowing, but you’re also taking those ideas for a test run with a ready-made pool of beta readers. Our world is hardly a simple place to navigate, even (and often especially) for kids. It’s huge, diverse, and filled with people who all experience life in different ways, facing different obstacles. The Equal Opportunity Book Box is all about preparing children to live in this bright, colorful world by sharing with them fun, engaging picture books about diversity. Whether they feature characters of color, LGBTQIA+ characters, and/or characters with disabilities, the picture books in this box will hugely help you in your quest to raise kind, open-minded kids. 32. Bookroo

In addition to displaying books around your home, you can also create a “to-read” pile, which will include the books you’re currently reading or the ones next up on your list. Some people want their book subscription boxes to keep them up-to-date with the hottest new releases; others are looking for a way to discover great books that would’ve otherwise passed them by. If you’re part of the second camp, then Used Books Monthly could be the way to go. Every thirty days, a surprise bundle of gently used books (in the genre of your choice) will arrive at your door, helping you to grow an affordable library of undiscovered gems. Plus you’ll be content in the knowledge that your twice-loved library is doing its bit for the planet. 3. Bookcase.Club Ultimately, you’ll want to organize however makes sense for you and your home. And remember, you can always rearrange. Many bestselling authors have found inspiration in works of art. Tracy Chevalier, for example, built her brand around historical novels that take a behind-the-scenes peek at iconic paintings. Of course, your book idea doesn’t need to feature a work of art or its artist: musing over a painting by asking, “who is that person, and what are they doing there?” can also be a fun way to generate book ideas. Fool readers into thinking your silver-haired authority figure is a wise, benevolent mentor, only to reveal that they’re cowardly and selfish.In 2015 Jago was awarded the International Literacy Association’s Adolescent Literacy Thought Leader Award, and in 2016, the NCTE’s Conference on English Leadership’s Exemplary Leadership Award. She has been named by the US Department of Education to serve on the National Assessment Governing Board. She is associate director of the California Reading and Literature Project at UCLA.

What’s in each box? A book chosen by the community, 3-5 products, access to discussion groups and live chats. When you’re on the hunt for a book idea, society gives you a free pass to indulge in a bit of eavesdropping — and if you pay close enough attention, you’re bound to find the seed of an idea. But if you’ve been keeping your ears peeled and only tuning in to boring conversations, then it might be time to head to TED.com, where some of the most interesting people in the world speak on everything and anything from business, to activism, to personal growth. Here are few book ideas inspired by our favorite TED talks: Lastly, and my favorite tip because it’s what really matters: Curate your home library so that it’s unique to you. It’s easy to get bogged down by social media depictions or think our libraries need to look a certain way. But who has time for that when there are so many wonderful stories to read? Reading is a deeply personal journey, and organizing your books should be the same. It is your home, after all. “It’s easy to think our libraries need to look a certain way. But who has time for that when there are so many wonderful stories to read?” Book subscription boxes are every book lover’s dream. Yes, that includes you — because whatever your reading needs and desires may be, there’s a subscription service out there that will match them perfectly! Carol Jago has taught English in middle and high school for over 30 years. She has served as president of the National Council of Teachers of English and as chair of the College Board’s English Academic Advisory committee.It is a good idea to pull everything, everything (!) off the shelves and wipe it all down once a year. This is a great opportunity to weed your collection,” Lobash recommends.

The most elaborate option that still qualifies for our ‘just books, no frills’ section, TBR is for dedicated book lovers who still want their book subscription box to go that extra mile. TBR knows there’s nothing more exciting than finding that person who just gets you and your reading tastes — someone whose reading recommendations never fall flat. But finding that person can take a lifetime of work... unless, that is, you sign up to TBR, where you’ll be paired with a professional book nerd (sorry — bibliologist!) to find and send you the books you didn’t know you were waiting for. Books and bonus features Inside a Fairyloot box you’ll find a special edition hardcover of a recently released young adult fantasy book, as well as four or five high-quality, bookish goodies all themed around that month’s magical title. The stunning artwork used on the custom book covers and all the Fairyloot gifts — including cutlery sets, pillow cases, mugs, and notebooks — really brings each world to life, making this box the perfect gift for any fantasy-obsessed reader. (Just make sure they’re okay with sprite labor, as each box is delivered via the flutter of fairy wings.) 25. Coffee and a ClassicA thriller that follows a psychopathic liar and the detective trying to figure him out. Inspired by How to spot a liar (Pamela Meyer).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment