276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Brother the Killer: A Family Story

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Stuart's older brother Alix Sharkey takes readers on an intimate journey through their violent childhood, troubled teens, and eventual estrangement, culminating with Stuart's arrest and national infamy during one of the UK's most unusual murder trials. RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Why the hell are we stopping migrants trying to smuggle themselves OUT of Britain? had issues and an unhealthy, but unknown predilection for young girls, not to mention an abusive, alcoholic dad and how his mother mum enabled both the father and the brothers behaviour.

Over more than three decades in journalism he has filed hundreds of features on crime, popular culture and fashion for the The Guardian, The Observer, The Sunday Times and The Sunday Telegraph, as well as various UK and international magazines. Otherwise, it's an interesting story with a shocking revelation near the end that could possibly serve as an explanation for the crimes. Overall, it was pages and pages of how Alix felt about the crime while being far removed from it and his dysfunctional father-son relationship. What also strikes me as very truthful about this book is that Alix does not really speak too much about Danielle Jones.As someone who has cried at the story of the death of more than one child I've never met, I couldn't identify with this. He shares his story, his fears that he shares his brother's, and father's, DNA and it is so easy for someone outside the story to truly understand how large those fears must loom. It must have been a mammoth task for Alix to reach so far back into him and his brothers shared past. In this book, which covers a dual time line, the events of Danielle's disappearance and subsequent investigation and Stuart's childhood in an attempt to find out what makes a killer. I would have liked to learned more about all the Jones family including Debbie and her parents as well as Danielle and her parents.

I struggle a little with how gullible that Alix was with regard to his brothers previous sentences and he took what he was told at face value. I’d never actually heard of this case before, and I wonder if that’s because I was only 4 years old when it happened. Sharkey traces his brother's secret life and details the hideous crime that-having snuffed out one young life and shattered many others-brought the two brothers face-to-face again.I expected it to be about the authors brother, with inputs from the author about growing up with a brother who would become a convicted killer. It seems unbelievable that he could keep that deviant and violent side of himself a secret so well and for so long, bearing in mind that he served 2 previous prison terms. on Monday 18th June 2001, Danielle Jones left home dressed in her schoolgirl uniform - and promptly vanished.

Have to say that it doesn’t really sit well with me that a book is written and profited from on the back of such a tragedy unless money is being raised for suitable charities.He barely remembers Danielle who was a 10 year old bridesmaid at Stuart's wedding then disappeared as a 15 year old. I found this book an entertaining read and backstory into one of the UK's most notorious killer's family.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment