276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings - 12-56 Gauge

£3.84£7.68Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Creating a custom set of single strings allows you to retain tension on the higher strings, while allowing enough twang on the lower strings. Gibson Scale – Single Strings (12, 16, 24, 36, 48, 60) Power chords will now be played with one finger across the lowest three strings, all on the same fret. This allows you to play a little more fluid, and also a little faster. This also changes how you play scales a little bit, especially if you anchor on the lowest string. I like to look at tunings like a piece of gear. If you are looking for a new sound, or a new way of writing songs, then sometimes a different guitar pedalmight be the key to finding your new voice. I look at different tunings as a tool, and Drop C can definitely change the way you write a riff… or even a whole album! Drop D is interesting because it changes the dynamic of how you play. But if you like standard tuning yet you want to go a little lower, then D standard is the way to go. Just like standard tuning goes from E to E… D standard tuning does from D to D.

Slinky Nickel Wound Electric Guitar 6 Strings | Ernie Ball Slinky Nickel Wound Electric Guitar 6 Strings | Ernie Ball

Using the Beefy Slinky set with a 56 swapped out for the low-E (or even a 60!) feels fantastic. Gibson Scale – Not Even Slinky (12-56) Ernie Ball makes a specific set for people wanting to tune this low. They call it the “Not Even Slinky” set. This set will be even feeling, and tight across all of the strings, even though you’re tuned two full steps down. BIAS FX 2 – If you want to run your guitar through your PC or Mac, BIAS FX 2 is one of the best ways to develop and create amazing-sounding tones. BIAS FX is an amp and effects simulator and it is one of the best in the business. Inexpensive and perfect for jamming and recording, BIAS FX 2 is one of my favorite amp sims for Mac and PC. Preferable for a looser, Les Paul-like feel on a Fender Scale instrument. Gibson Scale – Skinny Top / Heavy Bottom (10-52)Can't yet say how long they'll keep their fresh zing, as I've just installed them, but given how my experience with these failed to err on the positive side of things, I honestly don't care much about how long they'll last; given how ruined is the E-1st, the shortest the rest of the set will last, the best it is for me, all things considered. Translates well from E Standard and Drop D all the way down to Eb Standard and Drop C#. D Standard and Drop C Power Slinky Bass (55-110) While tuning lower definitely makes things sound a little heavier, alternate tunings are more than just that. Different tunings can be a “secret weapon” for your band. Utilizing different tunings can change the way you write a song or riff. I know if I am in a rut, I usually try out a different tuning to see if it opens any new doors to my creativity. Nine times out of ten, it helps me come up with a new idea! The strings on your guitar have a major impact on its sound and playability. The wrong gauge makes playing harder, the guitar feel wrong and can seriously reduce your enjoyment. Soundwise, the set may be alright to most, though I miss that touch of smooth elegance that I associate to the subtly rolled-off highs of the main competitor's strings: they're bright, which is what most want, though I'm used to not being among them most, and I'd like them a tad less bright then they are.

Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky 12-56 Guitar Strings - Andertons

As mentioned earlier, drop B is really low. Your Guitar will definitely need a full setup. I recommend “Mammoth Slinky” strings by Ernie Ball. This is a set of strings made especially for drop B or drop A tuning, and they work great. If you take a look at 7 string guitars (B standard) or baritone guitar sets, youll see that the Mammoth string gauges are pretty similar. I like to use this set for heavy rhythm playing, mostly. For some people, these strings will seem a little too heavy for Drop C tuning, but that’s exactly why I like them! The 12-56 gauge is great for keeping the lower strings nice and tight. For me, it’s perfect for chugging and riffing!So these are perfect for the riff enthusiast, and they are pretty balanced when it comes to using them with different scale lengths. If this is the first time you are trying to find strings for Drop C tuning, the “Not Even Slinky” set is the perfect place to start. This set is extremely versatile.

Not Even Slinky Cobalt Electric Guitar Strings Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky Cobalt Electric Guitar Strings

But every now and then someone comes out with what seems like an alternative, and it's worth a try, which is the spirit by which I bought this set, tipped off in my uncertainty by the fact that its manufacturer has a widely renowned for its quality products.I have used these strings for Drop C tuning on both types of scale lengths, and I find that this set works great for ANY scale length. The tension is near perfect for me, and they hold tune wonderfully with all scale lengths (I use them on my baritone also). If you are just getting into Doom/Stoner/Sludge the Drop D tuning is where it’s at! Especially if you have played in Standard Tuning for a while. The low string being tuned down takes a little while to get used to. But it is definitely worth exploring!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment