276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Citadel - Water Pot

£5.725£11.45Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is neat. Although I have other brush holders, or generally just leave the brushes on my desk, this citadel water pot can be a new, even better place to leave my primary brush. Why there? A nice water cup won’t make you a better miniature painter or artist, but like all worthwhile tools, a dedicated painter’s cup can add to your sense of confidence, self-efficacy, and pride in your work. Don’t believe me? Read on below and don’t tell me you’re not intrigued. 🤪 You can find water and solvent cups for painting in almost every material, e.g., plastic, glass, metal, ceramic. Although I haven’t found a good paint cup made of wood, I’m sure there’s one out there. I’ve even discovered miniature painting water cups that you can 3D print yourself. 3D printed cup for rinsing your brushes ( Miniature Painting Water Cup) I know some miniature painters and artists travel to conventions or other places. Some painters even work outdoors in the natural light painting miniatures. In this case, the ability to move your painting stuff easily around is a necessity. There are a lot of options for portable water cups that are both pleasing to use and highly functional. Okay, for real though, for those who are more mindful of their surroundings, random dishware as a brush rinse cup is a poor substitute to cool toys. Getting a dedicated paint cup that you take care of and treat as a partner in your painting hobby adds to the enjoyment of your art.

Will it be less effort than your conventional “mug” or whatever system you have to rinse off your brushes? You can take a look at other paint brush rinse cups here. For me, I kind of noticed it being easier and at least comforting to know I’m not hurting my brushes because I’m using the built-in grooves/texture to agitate the bristles instead of my oftentimes too vigorous efforts on a regular mug. This might be enough of a reason to pay for the price of admission. Do you even hobby if you haven’t tasted paint water or cleaned your brush in tea? Keep your jam jar away from your Gin & Tonic, your old water mug away from your hot beverage and your Citadel Water Pot away from your beer tankard. Bonus Tip. But, if you have everything just the way you like it, and fail, then you’ll more likely have learned something special about yourself. You have nothing to blame. On the other hand, then if you succeed, well that’s just a special feeling I know many miniature painters and artists strive for: A quiet contentment, nobody can rob you of (not even your doubting self). 3. More organizationOver time, this cheap disposable habit adds up into an expense that drains your hobby budget. A dedicated, good quality paint cup will last a really long time. Of course, if you get a cup/mug you enjoy having on your desk, whether it looks good or does the job particularly well, then that painters cup will have made up its value! Choose the material of your water cup, wisely. The material of your water cup will affect its durability (e.g., glass breaks, plastic warps, metal dents). Additionally, some materials can be heavier than others, or have cool aesthetic designs built into them. Some of the artisan painting cups on Etsy are amazing works of art. 4. Portability The value in something comes when you use it often. What other accessory will you use more in your miniature painting hobby than a water cup and your brushes? Get the best, the coolest, and most useful! Is the Citadel Water Pot worth it? Absolutely. It has features that, however small they appear, are extremely useful, including the ribbed texture at the bottom of the pot and the tapered grooves running up the sides that draw your brush into a fine point. It’s a great water pot.

There are 5 key reasons a hobby painting cup for brush rinsing is important for any miniature painter and artist: 1. Reduces stress No worries here though; see that wide-bottom. Low to no risk of small bump causing a tip-over. Brush Scrubbing Ribs Textured rib or grooves on the bottom and side can be used to gently agitate brush bristles. It really works to improve rinsing colors off your brushes (of any size).This brush rinse cup is versatile with built-in brush holder around the outside of top lip, as well inside if you’re looking to soak your bristles for a while (although you don’t want to soak your brushes in water too long). The Paint Brush Cleaner Rinse Cup is an all-in-one solution for a miniature painter, artist, or hobbyist. It works great for rinsing brushes for acrylic model painting or water coloring. Some miniature painters use oil paints, and this works well with mineral spirit solvents, too. On the other hand, a limitation with larger painting cups is that they take up more space on your desk or table. They will also be heavier for those who are looking for travel-ready, portable options. Not every container will be a good match for rinsing paint brushes or keeping them clean. A rough edge or hard, angular bottom in a cup can abrade the bristles of your more expensive paint brushes. The safe bet if you don’t want to use a purpose-built rinsing cup is to use an old glass jar (here’s a classic).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment