276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Inov8 RocFly G 390 Walking Boots

£55.345£110.69Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It seems odd to me that a hiking boot is water-resistant and not waterproof, but then I do live in Scotland where we have a lot of wet terrain and rain. UNIQUE AGILITY: A revolutionary ADAPTER-FLEX groove cuts through the outsole rubber and midsole foam, allowing the foot and boot to move more naturally.

The world-first foam is scientifically proven to deliver 25% greater energy return and retain itsoptimum levels of underfoot rebound and cushioning for longer, thanks to the infusion of theplanet’s strongest wonder material. My typical measure of a thru-hiking shoe is how much I dread putting it on on day 5. I’ve yet to get the ROCFLY G 390s on a 5-day trip, but can say that on a 3-day trip, not only did I not dread putting them on, I actually didn’t want to take them off. G-FLY™ foam is not the only patent-pending technology used by inov-8 on the ROCFLY™ G 390, with GRAPHENE-GRIP™ and ADAPTER-FLEX™ also included. The latter is a cleverly positioned 10mm underfoot groove that – unlike on more rigid cushioned hiking boots – allows the feet to adapt, react and mould to uneven terrain with agility. Vertical grooves cut into the rubber allow the foot’s metatarsal bones to move more independently, aiding adaptability and flexible grip when hiking over uneven terrain. A 10mm deep ADAPTER-FLEX™ groove allows the boot to adapt, react and mould to uneven terrain for a responsive, agile feel that is free of rigidity but full of cushioning. It is positioned to work in tandem with the foot’s midtarsal joint to increase flex and mobility.That said, look at James Forrest. Already the record holder for fastest self-supported and continuous completion of the Wainwright fells, two months ago he set exactly the same record for the National Three Peaks – climbing Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon and walking the entire 500-mile distance between them in 16 days, 15 hours and 39 minutes.

If you already have a hiking boot, running shoe, or training shoe that fits you well, you could measure the length of the shoe’s insole and match this with the size guide. Inov-8’s biggest draw for me is their durability; Graphene infused rubber on the soul of their shoes, G-GRIP seems far more rugged than any rubber used by anyone else on the market. They have deep 4mm lugs that aggressively grip the dirt on any terrain. The RocFly G 390 Boots feature the world's first graphene-enhanced G-FLY foam in the midsole construction. This will provide you with ultimate comfort and response that can be felt mile after mile. The foam will deliver 25% greater energy return, which is guaranteed to give you a spring in your step. This will help feel fresher over greater distances. The boot also features a 10mm deep ADAPTER-FLEX groove, allowing it to adapt and react to the terrain like no other. Thanks to its 6mm drop, the RocFly offers long-distance comfort and makes it Inov8's most cushioned boot yet. Graphine-Grip Rubber Outsole At first glance the boots shows a mixture of robustness, flexibility and adaptability to the foot completelly similar to the TRAILFLY ULTRA G 300 MAX as it seems they use the smae chasis. For the moment, what the brand ensures in relation to the use of graphene: greater durability, greater energy return and adaptability to the terrain without losing properties over kilometers and time.Earlier this year the brand first launched G-FLY™ Graphene foam – which delivers 25% greater energy return – when debuting it on the award-winning TRAILFLY™ ULTRA G 300 MAX trail running shoe, that we presented you here. Building on that success, inov-8 will now use it in a hiking product for the first time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment