276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Surprisingly Down to Earth, and Very Funny: My Autobiography

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They asked me to write a book about mental health, because I sometimes talk about my mental health in tweets and interviews, like suicidal thoughts and anxiety, and what I’ve done to try and deal with it. After continuing his comedy work for several years, Limmy was commissioned by BBC Scotland to create his own sketch show, Limmy's Show. The show ran for three series and a Christmas special between 2010 and 2013 and won two BAFTA Scotland awards. Limmy has also engaged in various other pursuits, such as writing several books and performing explicit live shows. The book that Lloyd Cole, from out of Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, famously described on Radio 4 as showing "intelligence of some kind", this is as honest and as readable an autobiography as you are going to find. From a literary point of view, it is not great, it is not particularly elaborately written, or even funny, but it is not meant to be, it is meant to be Limmy talking honestly about his life. And five stars for that. Incisive, brutal and very refreshing. Followed Limmy's career for over a decade now, and his attitude and approach to things has definitely shaped who I consider myself to be today. This is a refreshing read/listen in that way - Almost every other book with mental health as a cornerstone would try and offer some kind of help or explanation (nothing wrong with that at all, mind you) but in this Limmy just exposes it for the strange and maddening experience it can be and how it has defined certain moments or periods in his life.

His net worth has been growing significantly in 2022-2023. So, how much is Limmy worth at the age of 49 years old? Limmy’s income source is mostly from being a successful Comedian. He is from United Kingdom. We have estimated It comes after Limmy – real name Brian Limond – tweeted about Sunday night’s episode of Doctor Who. I always wondered if I was schizophrenic... Maybe just an overactive imagination. My mind likes to come up wi lots of thoughts and ideas, whether or no they're useful or make sense. I think that sort of thing can make you mental, depending on how severe it is and what kind of environment you're in. Fortunately I managed to find a place to put my kind of mind to good use. A WOMAN who accused Scots comedian Limmy of being “racist” has been brutally trolled after failing to get one of his jokes.

Age, Biography and Wiki

I asked them if they wanted me to write about all that, plus some other stuff. Like being an alky. And my sexual problems. Stuff like that. It’s a lot more honest and open than most celebrities’, goes in depth on accounts of his own mental state (the ‘evil voice inside his head’ and questioning whether or not he is a psychopath). The lows like his girlfriend seeing him out drunk and just ignoring him as well as his general struggles with jobs/life are fascinating to hear. I know this review has been more about me than Limmy but one more thing; there's a chapter called Eccy where he heard his friends laughing horribly at him, not as feint paranoid thoughts but 100% absolutely real and right there beside him. Because his friends weren't in the house, he knew it wasn't real soon enough. Well the blood drained from my face listening to this because the exact same thing happened to me twenty-something years ago and it was a major trigger in my breakdown and took many years to realize those voices weren't real and no one said that horrible stuff. I'm grand now! but it took a lot more than twenty minutes to recover from that one I can tell you. He is currently single. He is not dating anyone. We don't have much information about He's past relationship and any previous engaged. According to our Database, He has no children. Family

I love Limmy and really enjoy his humour, but this was just so beyond what I enjoy reading lol Of course, I didn’t expect jokes constantly and I honestly really enjoyed his view on mental illness and being human, even when his writing got very dark at times. Separation Anxiety In Dogs: These are 10 breeds of adorable dog likely to get stressed home alone - including the loving Labrador Retriever 🐕 I bought it thinking it’d be alright and good for a few laughs but it was genuinely much better than I expected. I didn't take so long reading this because it's bad, or because it's long, I'm just really really bad at reading books.

I said to them, oh, I don’t know if I could fill a whole book with just that. But how’s about I write a general autobiography type of thing, and all the mental health stuff will naturally appear along the way? I could talk about growing up and slashing my wrist and taking acid all the time and getting done for car theft and feeling like a mad freak that would never amount to anything. World's Smallest Cat: Here are 10 breeds of adorable tiny cats that will always look like cute kittens - including the teeny tiny Devon Rex cat breed I relate to a lot of the shit he says and thinks in a way I don’t with any other comedian, there’s something kinda unique about his style that is far more memorable and engaging somehow. Discover today's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday. View popular celebrities life details, birth signs and real ages. So candid. I don’t think I ever read/listened to an autobiography like this one, and the honest nature of the writing makes it so worth the time, whether you know his work or not, this gets to the deep inner workings of a person. I loved all the coming of age stories, the humour of it, but also the fact that he is not really clowning his younger self or the personal significance of those moments.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment