276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Batman

£13.91£27.82Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Unpacking The Icons– Essentially a production design feature exploring the visual look and feel of this new film.

Batman Blu-ray Review | High Def Digest The Batman Blu-ray Review | High Def Digest

Pattinson himself wants to see a take on the Court of Owls saga while director Matt Reeves hopes to bring Mr. There are colors in the film, don’t get me wrong, but they’re mainly relegated to the backgrounds like neon signs and whatnot.Even twenty years removed from its debut, Burton's Batman continues to influence countless filmmakers working to introduce their cherished childhood superheroes to audiences around the world. quicker than others -- rarely lands with the same impact, sometimes feeling more repetitive than rewarding as it chugs towards the finish. For an even more positive take on the main feature, please see Brian Orndorf's glowing theatrical review.

Batman Blu-ray (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) The Batman Blu-ray (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)

Becoming Catwoman– Zoë Kravitz talks about her casting as Catwoman as well as what she brought to the role (she’s no Michelle Pfeiffer). Nicholson's Joker simply doesn't stack up to the eerie, unsettling monster Heath Ledger created: his expressiveness makes the character more clown than menace, his purpose lacks the frightening complexity of Nolan's villain, and his endless parade of one-liners plants the Joker squarely amidst Jack's all-too-familiar sneer-n-leer schtick. Billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton) may attend business meetings, host charity banquets, and oversee the management of his late-father's corporation by day, but at night he dons a mask and cape; transforming into an elusive, crime-fighting vigilante known to Gotham City as the Batman. I suspect minor noise reduction has been applied to the transfer, but I didn't encounter the waxy faces or distorted backgrounds that signal an overzealous application. A wry undercurrent of wit pulses beneath the surface of their work, imbuing characters with deceptively complex personalities.Batman features a fairly impressive 1080p/VC-1 transfer that looks startlingly better than previous standard DVD releases. But, I have to admit, for those that are looking for a darker side to both the hero and villains – this one knocks it out of the park. Granted, amateur-hour character actors derail a few minor scenes, but the main cast members invest their all to create a living, breathing Gotham City. Now he's encased in black rubber (kinda sexy), charged by a childhood obsession to avenge his dead parents (kinda edgy), and updated with all sorts of gadgets and one rad batmobile (kinda cutting-edge). And we see the filmmakers struggling with COVID production shutdowns too, which made an already difficult task almost Herculean.

Batman Blu-ray (Limited Edition) (United Kingdom) The Batman Blu-ray (Limited Edition) (United Kingdom)

For the record, the regular Blu-ray in this package includes audio in English Dolby Atmos, English 5.The film’s running time isn’t an issue with me, I love movies that can make three hours seem like one. Still, seeing some darker and, dare I say it, more realistic villains is something of a breath of fresh air. The Batman is overlong, a bit indulgent, and could stand some focusing in the edit, but it’s well grounded and successfully brings the character back to its hard boiled/noir detective roots. The full list of special features included in the Blu-ray and 4K UHD editions is as follows: Vengeance In The Making, Vengeance Meets Justice, The Batman: Genesis, Becoming Catwoman, Looking for Vengeance, Anatomy of The Car Chase, Anatomy of The Wingsuit, A Transformation: The Penguin, The Batmobile, Unpacking The Icons, and Deleted Scenes with Director’s Commentary.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment