276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Osem Chicken Soup and Seasoning Mix, 400g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nic told me she would need to sit down and drag it out of her memory banks to give to me. The fact that it was all in her head made me even more excited about getting my hands on it, this is a recipe that you obviously learn in your mother’s/grandmother’s kitchen. It's obviously a lot easier than my theatrics, but I suppose it's the little tips that make it Jewish”.

The soup is just delicious. I love the flavour that is absorbed by the vegetables cooking away in it, it just adds that something extra to the final soup. You may want to take a look up at the original posting date of this article, it will be a decade old this year. Keep reading below for the original article, terrible photos, but sans horrid spelling mistakes. Oh how my writing voice has changed! I didn’t read the recipe properly and just added the peas straight from the freezer to warm up in the soup which I had now returned to heat. I added the dry pasta straight to the soup to cook as well, I missed the bit about using a separate pot. It worked fine and I just simmered very gently until the pasta was cooked through and served. Boil the shit out of everything (or under pressure - about half an hour), or longer if you are just putting on the stove”. Skim the surface of fat when done, a lot of people cool down and put in the fridge overnight so the fat on the surface hardens, much easier to remove”.

Disclaimer

If you're really game, you can use giblets - about ½kg (make sure you wash them and use a small knife to thoroughly clean them - any green area or grit)." Add the celery and cook for 5-10 minutes more, until the celery is no longer firm, but not yet tender (it will continue to cook even when the heat is turned off).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment