276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Shapeshifter Series 6 Books Collection Box Set By Ali Sparkes (Finding the Fox, Running the Risk, Going to Ground, Dowsing the Dead, Stirring the Storm & Feather And Fang)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Reading fantasy books that include eerie shapeshifters is a great way of looking at things from a different perspective. For example, British Library acclaims Robert Louis Stevenson’s Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as an insightful look at the tension between one’s public and private self, as well as between social duty and personal desire. Taming the Beast is part of the Credence Curse shifter romance series, consisting of four books. Each book centers a different pair. If you are looking for a series to start but want to avoid something as sprawling as Kate Daniels, Credence Curse is great choice. Taming the Beast is in the middle of the series, featuringHope Pippa and tiger-shifter Elijah Beastie and I’M SORRY BUT ISN’T THAT THE BEST SHIFTER NAME EVER?! *Cough* To continue: Hope Pippa has sworn off love. This curvy dancer avoids intimacy at all costs to protect herself from getting hurt again. However, when Elijah Beastie meets Hope, he knows she’s the one for him. Elijah thinks Hope is his mate and goes for broke in an effort to capture Hope’s heart and keep her safe. Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh

The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness - series set in Bronze Age, about a boy who can talk to wolves and later finds out he can "spirit walk" into other being's bodies. Similar to animorphs in that he has to grapple with their instinct, but it's more spiritual than scientific, e.g. who's soul is stronger. Wolf Children - movie about these two werewolf kids growing up, having to balance their human and wolf sides.Lyndsie Manusos’s fiction has appeared in PANK, SmokeLong Quarterly, and other publications. She holds an MFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and has worked in web production and content management. When she’s not nesting among her books and rough drafts, she’s chasing the baby while the dog watches in confused amusement. She lives with her family in a suburb of Indianapolis.

The Shapeshifter is a series of books by Ali Sparkes. The series follows the life of a boy named Dax Jones and is primarily set in England, firstly in the Cornwall area and later in the Lake District. During the first book, Finding the Fox, Dax discovers his ability to shapeshift into a fox, and is whisked away from his hated stepfamily by the government. Dax is one of a number of Colas (Children of Limitless Ability), young people who possess amazing supernatural powers. Some of his classmates are able to heal, move objects with their mind, communicate with the dead, or see into the future. These children attend a school called Tregarren College in Cornwall, which is later destroyed by a tidal wave, and the children move to Fenton Lodge, in the Lake District. Animorphs - the classic shapeshifter obsession lmao, about teens that gain the ability to turn into animals, for those uninitiated. When they transform, they have to grapple with the animal's extincts, which is very cool. One character also gets trapped in morph and starts to forget if he's human or not. In mythology, folklore and speculative fiction, shapeshifting is the ability of a being or creature to transform its physical form or shape. This is usually achieved through an inherent ability of a mythological creature, divine intervention or the use of magic. The idea of shapeshifting is present in the oldest forms of totemism and shamanism, as well as the oldest extant literature and Shapeshifter fiction concerns men and women who are able to — or cursed to — periodically change into animal form or mimic other human appearances. Werewolf fiction is the most common variant of this sub-genre. The prophesised protector of the protagonist, Garion, Lord Barak has lived with the curse of randomly and seemingly inexplicably turning into a bear for over a decade, only to discover that this “curse” is activated when Garion is in mortal danger. He’s far from a perfect character, and the way he treats his wife is deplorable, but I always found the guardian connection between Barak and Garion intriguing and unique to what I had read up until that point. 9. The Greek Gods, from mythologyIf you’re curious about the folklore behind werewolves and other shapeshifters, this book list is a good way to wet your feet. The good thing is that many of these books are also part of a series, so you can really delve into the characters’ lives over a longer timeframe! The series includes Finding the Fox, Running the Risk, Going to Ground, Dowsing the Dead, Stirring the Storm, and Feather and Fang. There are a plethora of sorcerers to choose from in this 13-book series, but Polgara has always been my favourite. She’s the only woman in a brotherhood of sorcerers, but she’s also strong, smart, and can hold her own not against other people, but against gods as well. In the final book in the series we see her in a number of roles, from child and twin to her mortal sister to the most powerful politician in the world, giving a full sense of who she is outside of her abilities. But add in her tendency to shift into a snowy white owl, and she’s an unstoppable force. 2. Remus Lupin, from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

Dr. Franklin's Island - kids are slowly transformed into a manta ray and a bird, explores both physical and mental changes. Beastars - not about shapeshifters, but dealing with animal instincts in a civilised, human-like society is *chef's kiss* I am looking specifically for humans that turn into animals, not shifting races or beings that can assume any shape. I am extremely interested in introspective works that delve into being an animal, the struggle of human vs animal, stuff like that. I understand this is very niche, so while the latter is preferred, it isn't a must. At this point I just wanna read about any shapeshifter characters ;; they don't have to be the main focus either, as long as the book itself/world is interesting. Also note that I am not totally averse to romance, but I would highly, highly prefer books where romance was not the center of a work, and there are other things going on. I am also not a fan of shapeshifter stories where the character transforms into a bloodthirsty beast. I'm looking for more realistic/nuanced takes on being an animal. Shapeshifter fiction concerns men and women who are able to — or cursed to — periodically change into animal form or mimic other human appearances. Werewolf fiction is the most common variant of this sub-genre.White Cat - hard to explain without spoiling it, but shapeshifting plays a major part later in the book. It's hardly a focus but the world was interesting enough to carry it. For those new to shifter romance, this category falls under the larger umbrella of paranormal romance, in which the love interests—either one or both of the main pair—can shift into another form, be it an animal or mythological creature. A Brief Note on “Mates” Looking for a love triangle in your shifter romance? Arizona Tape has you covered. Wolf’s Whisper is the first in a lesbian paranormal series that follows Akira, a wolf-shifter on the prowl for a sacred stone. Instead, she finds not one but TWO (!!) soulmates: Ashleigh and Aspen. Akira wants Ashleigh, but Aspen won’t give up without some scheming of her own. Hot damn, the drama abounds! YA Shifter Romance Books Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Maybe you prefer a little purring with your romance. Or perhaps you enjoy some sensual scenes that are…shall we say… heightened…at a full moon. Look no further, my growling readers, because this is a list of shifter romance books. Thank you for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. By signing up you agree to our terms of use Taming the Beast (Credence Curse #2.5)by Sedona Venez

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment