276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Demon’s Reign: A Progression Fantasy Epic (The Bloodwood Saga Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I read every single word and caught myself bobbing and weaving my head as I dodged fireballs and mud arrows launched from the opposing sides. Tarkosi has always felt like he was meant to be in the sorcerer class, casting magic and being kind of a big deal in this world. If you are a fresh face in fantasy, you may enjoy this, but to me it comes across as recycled, and not in a fun way. Estes and Galley have created one epic world filled with brilliant brought to life characters, danger, magic and deception and I loved it all.

A huge tree mind you, so huge in fact that some branches are hundreds of feet wide and can house temples. Pel, Atalwe, Redeye and Eztaral are a big bunch of misfits, but they have one thing in common and I loved seeing a group of older characters get so much page time and allowed to be so incredibly kick ass.When stretching sprue over a candle (to make aerials, whips and details etc) you sometimes pull when it’s not hot enough or over stretch it and it snaps.

Character interactions, action scenes are all excellent, and the novel is generally very well written. Together, the believers and Tarko (with his unhappy and insulting passenger) race back to Shal Gara to tell the truth of what is happening at the forest’s edge. It’s next to impossible to make water do what you want it to only a few magic wielders are able to master it.Told primarily from Tarkosi’s point of view, Demon’s Reign is an incredible creation of new world and new magic.

Avatar: The Last Airbender meets Venom in this epic progression fantasy perfect for fans of Iron Prince, Cradle, and Kingfall.

Throughout the story Kaleahs date to make this sacrifice is moved up, she is fearful of the lost time with her sister, she is forced to court and blood bond with a man who very well could be her assassin. This album has good continuity in the sound - ambient, dark, but also with a urgency in the underlying (electronic) drum beat. It is well written, kept me interested, made me have questions to excite me for book 2 and wasn’t something I felt I’ve seen a million times. I don’t know why, but grouchy, somewhat dorky wizards are definitely my type when it comes to fantasy men, so I was like “book crush! The story centres around Tarkosy Tarelta, the son of a disgraced member of one of the higher families of the tree city of Shal 'Gara.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment