276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mountains

£7.165£14.33Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I get to go out with Crazy Horse all year, no conflicts, and then go home for a bit, the holidays, and all next year with E Street! E Street Band and Crazy Horse member Nils Lofgren has announced a July 21 release for his next solo album, Mountains, and he has some big guns along for the climb.

Mountains (Nils Lofgren album) - Wikipedia

That Rainbow Theatre 1973 show he just released, which you obviously play on, is pretty sensational. Mountains will nevertheless benefit from the guitarist's profile on the Springsteen tour, which - despite a case ofCOVID early in the trek - Lofgren says he's enjoying as much as he ever has. Mountains received a score of 64 out of 100 on review aggregator Metacritic based on four critics' reviews, indicating "generally favorable" reception. It's a great charge, and I don't take anything for granted," Lofgren, who's currently on the European leg of Bruce Springsteen's world tour, tells UCR.So Jamison Weddle, my fantastic engineer and friend, who has been working with me for over 20 years, would come over for three- to six-hour clips, four or five days a week.

‎Mountains by Nils Lofgren on Apple Music

We spoke with Lofgren about the creation of Mountains, the inspiration behind many of the songs, his ongoing world tour with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, and his hopes for a tour with Neil Young and Crazy Horse. It’s a crunchy rock track, with plenty of Lofgren’s slide guitar, with a solid drum beat throughout by Ringo himself, it’s got a classic rock feel, with a strong Gospel chorus harmonies by E Street Band background singer, Cindy Mizelle. It’s a serious song from a mother’s point of view, dealing with this guy that she thought she knew and loved, home from an insurrection. It was this fury of, “I’m so disgusted that he’s gone that I’m not going to get upset or cry anymore” And then by the end of the song, I’m crying.Chuck into that an impressive solo catalogue that stretches back 50 years and you know you got the real deal, a hardy buck who has lived and then some. And I mean, Crazy Horse is one of my oldest musical families, and I really treasure and value it all. Nils notes "With new and unfamiliar challenges facing us at home these last years of pandemic, I wrote and recorded Mountains to reflect that journey.

Nils Lofgren, Mountains | Hotpress Album Review: Nils Lofgren, Mountains | Hotpress

One morning as the sun was coming up, lounging with [my dog] Rose on the couch, I came up with this blues riff.Springsteen has dates booked into early December, and Young has made noise about wanting to saddle up Crazy Horse for some touring, too.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment