276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Native Deodorant - Natural Deodorant Made without Aluminum & Parabens - Coconut & Vanilla

£13.535£27.07Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cardia, Gabriel Fernando Esteves, et al. " Effect of Lavender (Lavandula augustifolia) Essential Oil on Acute Inflammatory Response." Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2018, 2018., doi:10.1155/2018/1413940 Available scents: Coconut & Vanilla, Cucumber & Mint, Citrus & Herbal Musk, Lilac & White Tea, Lavender & Rose, Charcoal, Sweet Peach & Nectar, Oat Milk Latte, Matcha & Sweet Cream, Eucalyptus & Mint, Sea Salt & Cedar, Buttercream & French Vanilla, Powder & Cotton, Candy Cane, Sugar Cookie, Fresh Mistletoe, Cherry & Vanilla Macaron, Earl Grey & Mulberry, Unscented It goes on smoothly, the same way a more conventional deodorant like Dove does (some natural/non-toxic deodorants don’t have such a smooth application, they will get clumpy, and/or will require you to use your fingers to apply it). On the Scent & Odor-Protection: Sodium Bicarbonate (a.k.a. baking soda, which is commonly used in deodorant, but some underarms are sensitive to. Native’s Sensitive formulas do NOT contain baking soda.)

I incorporated Native’s Deodorant into my routine by applying once or twice a day as needed, either when waking up to start my day or after my post-workout shower. I tested it over the course of 16 days, trying four different scents for four days each.

What is it? Native deodorant is a (mostly) non-toxic and gender-neutral deodorant that’s free of aluminum, sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and talc. There is one glaring thing that I do not like about Native’s deodorant. When it comes to the fragrances used, they are not transparent. With two exceptions being the Lavender & Rose and Unscented versions, the rest of their scents contain “fragrance” listed in their ingredients, which essentially means they’re hiding ingredients from their customers. For those of us who like to know what exactly is used in the products we use every day, this can be very frustrating. We’ll talk about this more in a minute, under the “Ingredient Investigation” section. Overall:

There are a lot of discussions out there around natural deodorant potentially make your pits pong more than if you were using a normal deodorant. In short, Native is the most effective “non-toxic” deodorant I’ve tried so far. (I’ll explain why the “non-toxic” part is in quotes in a minute.) I would consider my armpits “average”… I definitely sweat ( especially when I drink coffee and/or get stressed out, both of which happen frequently), but I don’t consider myself an “over-sweater.” Same goes for body odor: depending on my physical activity level, how hot it is outside, etc., I’ll start getting stinky after a day or so. As with most ‘natural’ products, there’s no official certification of what makes a deodorant natural. According to Clive Birnie, co-owner and director at PitRok, ‘They contain naturally derived ingredients in place of the more commonly used chemicals.’ Going down the natural deodorant route is like rediscovering deodorants all over again – what’s in them, how you use them, how they work and why you should choose this one over that one.Now you can clean up your whole personal care routine with Native. The brand has released body washes, sunscreens, toothpastes, and bar soaps. Olive oil, cocoa butter, and coconut oil all offer moisturizing qualities for the skin. Arrowroot powder can help reduce wetness, while the amount of baking soda is enough to avoid irritation while still providing odor-fighting elements.

In their place, natural deodorants use antibacterial agents, natural fragrance and essential oils that keep underarms smelling fresh without plugging sweat glands. And while this means they won’t prevent sweat per se, many contain powders (like arrowroot powder and bamboo powder) to help absorb moisture. BUT! I’m now several months into using Native’s deodorant and it’s still working. Here are some of my honest thoughts: On the Application: For me personally, I will only be using the Lavender & Rose or Unscented from now on, since those are the only varieties where the full ingredient lists are disclosed for customers. Even though Native says their scents are free from phthalates, parabens, I personally just don’t want to use products where the ingredients aren’t completely disclosed if I don’t have to. Who Owns Native Deodorant? Other deodorising tech used by natural ingredient-based brands include essential oils for odour protection, coconut oil to moisturise and nourish skin, tapioca starch or cornstarch to help your pits stay dry and sodium bicarbonate to reduce underarm bacteria. Do a pit detox mask. I use this bentonite clay powder (mixed with either water or apple cider vinegar) or this charcoal mask from Beautycounter. Even though I switched to natural deo a long time ago, I still do a pit mask every few months. This helps to “unplug” pores and get rid of andy built-up aluminum and/or bacteria (which is what actually makes you smell bad). I swear it works!Available in a range of different fragrances, Earth Conscious’ deodorants are formulated using quality, effective ingredients that work together to keep body odour at bay whilst keeping underarms soft and nourished. These deodorants are suitable for men, women and teens. Another thing I like about Native’s products is the wide range of scents they offer. Some of them are more feminine (like Lavender & Rose), while others are more masculine (like Citrus & Herbal Musk). Many of them are more gender-neutral and just “clean” smelling (like Cucumber & Mint or Powder & Cotton). Once the shea butter and coconut oil have melted, add the beeswax and stir frequently until all the ingredients are liquid. While certain underarm hygiene products like antiperspirants have gotten a bad rap over the years due to their use of potentially harmful chemicals like parabens, phthalates and aluminum, research currently concludes daily antiperspirant use is perfectly safe. While Native began as an independent, direct-to-consumer startup (founded by Moiz Ali), it was acquired by P&G in 2017.

verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{ Natural deodorants can be irritating at first, whether you’ve just made the switch from antiperspirants or if you’re sensitive to baking soda, an ingredient found in many natural formulations. Having used natural products for years, I didn’t experience any irritation, even though I’ve reacted to baking soda in the past. In fact, I found all four to be incredibly soothing and hydrating. But alas, they wouldn’t give me the info. Instead, they suggested that I use their “ Lavender & Rose, Candy Cane, or Unscenteddeodorant if you are looking for an option where all of the oils are listed.” I’ve tried a LOT of natural and non-toxic deodorants. Many don’t work at all, while others work great for a while. My problem is that I usually have to switch up the brand of deodorant I use every month or two because, for whatever reason, it will stop working after several weeks. While I only tried the Coconut & Vanilla, there are currently seventeen other classic scents, including a refreshing Eucalyptus & Mint and a light Lavender & Rose. In addition to the classic scents, Native frequently changes out their limited edition scents, some of the most intriguing at the time of this piece being “Gummy Bears” and “Sweet Cinnamon Hearts.”As mentioned above, Native is not an antiperspirant, so it will not prevent sweating. For this reason, it might not be the best fit for excessive sweaters. If you want to use an aluminum-free deodorant, I suggest asking your doctor or dermatologist to see if they have any recommendations. A lot of dedorants use baking soda, but this can be irritating for some people. Native’s Sensitive versions are made without baking soda. But remember: sweat does not always equal stink! Depending on your situation (what kind of job you have, etc.), you might want to just let yourself sweat on most days, and then just use an antiperspirant on the days when you really need to. Is Native Deodorant Good for Working Out? This DIY deodorant uses a variety of natural ingredients that are moisturizing for the skin and have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. I should also say that I’ve been using aluminum-free deodorant for a long time now, so I’m used to letting my body sweat. When people first stop using aluminum antiperspirants (which actually stop your pits from sweating), there can be a bit of an adjustment period. But just remember that sweat does not always equal stink, so don’t be afraid to let yourself sweat. (We’ll give you some more pointers on how to switch to non-toxic deo at the end of the article.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment