276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop 71-14 Warhammer AoS - Easy to Build: Nighthaunt Chainrasp Hordes, Black

£16.23£32.46Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Slightly changes the wording of Deathless Spirits to cover every model within 12″ of a Hero rather than units wholly within. Mostly useless in a practical sense, both in terms of the ability and actually fielding this in a game like most super battalions. Shroudguard Spirit Hosts quietly impressed, as when combined with ROTSH they were able to take up space and be a difficult unit to shift. They’ve traditionally underperformed for me in the past but they made their case for their ongoing inclusion in future lists.

Anytime the Chainrasps are affected by Spectural Lure or Temporal Translocation, spells that let you return dead models you can return an additional D6 dead models. If you’re bringing 2 large squads of Chainrasps, which is certainly viable, this battalion makes them a huge pain in the ass. Execution HordeLightshard of the Harvest Moon –Pop this once per game. Once you do every unit within 12″ can reroll failed hits. Crazy good with the right timing, but you need to manage the aura around the Guardian of Souls. B+ So - they cast the sprues and slipped the magazine out without telling anyone. Issue 27 / Stormshire’s Cursebreakers Issue 27 - Stormshire's Cursebreakers the shade is fairly common in the “intro” paint sets; so if you see my desk I’m still using the 12ml pot I got from them Chainrasp champions are known as Dreadwardens - the wardens of unrepentant souls. The candles they bear are like beacons to the spirits under their charge, casting a dread light that the Chainrasps believe will lead to their freedom. In fact, it is this eerie glow that helps bind the impenitent to eternal servitude. The Chainrasps may have thought death would be an escape from their terrible imprisonment, but truly, it was only the beginning. [1b] Wargear [ ]

We are a small team of Warhammer Enthusiasts and miniature collectors, hoping to support and further promote the hobby. Slitter –Before piling in, nominate a model within 1″ of the bearer and roll a die. If it is higher than the unit’s wound characteristic then it is slain. Good for a guaranteed extra killed model, and might occasionally tap a Hero too. B+ The most numerous of all the spirits that join Nighthaunt processions are the Chainrasp Hordes. These gheists are created from the spirits of the most vicious and irredeemable criminals to have lived in the Mortal Realms. [1a]With Third Edition out in the wild it’s time to start getting some games in, and Ellarr is so eager that he made the bold decision to trust the British weather for a mini gardenhammer tournament. Find out how his Nighthaunt got on in his report. Tournament Details No one believes me, but, this particular sculpt was only available in the Warcry Catacombs Core Box. So what do we know so far about the new Nighthaunt for Age of Sigmar Second Edition? You’ll find a lot of pictures below but the key points are: They are armed with malignant weapons – swords, axes and spiked maces – and the kit includes options for a Dreadwarden

A bonus command ability, you can pull a unit that’s already on the field over to your General and place that unit within 12″ of them and more than 9″ from the enemy. It’s not a great “oh shit” ability to protect your general since you can rarely place them between you and the enemy, but it’s good for emergency relocation if you want to capture a neglected objective or get them out of a tough fight. Command Traits The Guardian of Souls is a wizard for Nighthaunt, drawing more Nighthaunt units into combat with the living. Finally, I’ve consolidated my battalions down to just two and a total of five drops – I found myself really glad to always start with initial priority, and while I managed to get away with 7 drops on the day, going forward I wanted to make sure I’m dictating the state of play more often. I’ve got a total of 4 two day tournaments to prep for over the next six months, so I’ll be working away on my other armies while continuing to refine this list and see if I think it has legs at a two day event going up against more stiff competition. There are five Glaivewraiths (with the horse head) and four Reapers (with the scythes) along with a Lord-Executioner.

This guy has a fantasic style of case Issue 04 / Glaivewraith Stalkers and Paint Glaivewraith Stalkers Cairn Wraith - this is an old Vampire Counts model from the days of square bases in WarHammer Fantasy Battles. For my opponents, as I do tailor this list to hold up against them, it goes khorne player is running a 2 drop list with 3 bloodthirsters, one of which is skarbrand, the nurgle player is about 3 drops with 50 plaguebearers and 3 Great Unclean Ones, and the orks player is running a Big Waagh list that is near competitive so they say.

Reroll all failed hit rolls for Chainrasps within 15″ of spirit torment or Chainghasts. This would be awesome if Spirit Torments and Chainghasts were just a bit better, as it stands the tax is just too high. Chainguard So I (and others) bought two of these magazines, and, converted two of the Glaivewraiths to be Reapers by swapping a normal skull on, sculpting a blindfold, and changing the glaive into a scythe. I always put a coat of Agrax Earthshade over the wood surfaces. The second “brown” darkens it down giving the result a nice amount of definition without … well … I just haven’t tried Nuln Oil over Baneblade Brown I took home the Golden Spoon in a fun day with friends, and was largely impressed by how well the army did. It would be an exaggeration to say that I was going up against highly optimised lists, but I felt worried about my matchup in all three games, because Nighthaunt traditionally don’t have the damage output and had often failed in late second edition to impress me. That said, board control was the name of the game here, and I was able to keep my support pieces alive just long enough to take control of the centre in all three games while Mannfred ran rampant. I’ve been drybrushing Rakarth Flesh over the Stirland Mud bases and sometimes Mechanicus Standard Grey stones - but I’d argue Corax White is better for the later. Issue 23 / Liberators and Prosecutor (B Sprue)Shyish Reaper –Casting Value 7. A predatory spell that moves 8″ (12″ in Shyish), the controlling player can pivot it before moving it and for every model it passes over, roll a die, if the die rolls higher than their save characteristic, deal 1 mortal wound. Like Aethervoid pendulum but with more control, which kind of goes against why you’d take that spell (To keep an opponent from using it on you). Don’t bother. Issue 58 / Paints Discover the Drakesworn Templars (Retributor Armour (Base, Gold) and Carroburg Crimson (Shade, Red) Paint) A personal favourite from the Warhammer Fest reveals was the Spirit Torment. A model previewed in the Lightning in a Bottle Malign Portents story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment