276°
Posted 20 hours ago

When Gracie Met The Grump

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

yes bitch, we know he’s hot…he’s henry cavill for pete’s sake but tell us more about how you think he’s sweet and caring 🙃

I missed your three thousand questions and the way you hold my hand. I missed my little monster. Missed her a lot” All the feels . . . Mariana Zapata is one of the best writers out there – to be cliché: the words come alive’ he did not just call her a butthole during this scene 😭 ik it was their ‘thing’, but WHY NOW?! this had the same vibe as rhodes calling aurora ‘buddy’ in all rhodes lead here🧍‍♀️ I must admit I wasn’t fan of her inner monologues, and I tried to overlook them for more than half of the book because they were getting on my nerves from being a tad repetitive sometimes(there’s only so many times you can tell me how hot and perfect he is without being annoying, even if he is a super hero with superior genes, sorry), and although the slowburn was slow to start ( very slow, believe me) and we usually see glimpses of their romance before in her other books, I was kind of ready for it so it wasn’t a big deal. I never expected Mariana to delve into superhero romance, but I’m excited for her that she’s exploring her range even more.Despite all of this, I loved both characters and the family and all the superpowers stuff was so cute. I had a fun time reading this, with moments that had me laughing out loud, and it left a sweet taste when I finished it. It's official... Mariana Zapata can write anything and make it epic! This book was so different than most of her other reads, but it was all MZ at the same time. I loved this slow burn paranormalish romance! with the way gracie described alex as “the most beautiful man ever”, it really had me imagining him as henry cavill in the first superman film 🫡 Mariana Zapata can write no wrong, this story might just be my favourite of hers yet and I absolutely adore everything she has written!’⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ reader review

This book was absolutely everything, and at the middle/end when she was at his house, that was so sweet. They did everything together and it was so obvious that they were into each other. Mariana Zapata began writing love stories soon after she learned how to spell. She probably shouldn’t admit that she started sneaking romance novels from her aunt’s bookshelves way before she was old enough to even understand what it meant when a man flipped up a woman’s skirt. (Don’t tell her mom.) I dropped all my other books the instant I saw this was released. Romantic sci-fi is my kryptonite. If I had to describe Gracie and ML’s (his name is a secret for a while so i’m not about to spoil) dynamic in a few sentences, it would be:What the hell is the Trinity, you ask? Many people are unsure what the Trinity is, but the majority of humanity assumed they were superheroes, and they were certainly correct. The Primordial, the Centurion, and the Defender are Trinity's members. By 30-40% you see how Gracie and The Defender's relationship is coming to fruition, how he stops being so grumpy and slowly starts to open up to Gracie. As always, the build up to their relationship was a 10/10, it's a slow slow slow slow burn, but when it happens.... I made it two weeks before I started craving cheetos and i only wanted to eat them with you around” One of the things that I though was a bit too much in this story were the (family) secrets, I have no problem with secrets in my stories and especially family secrets but in this story I found it a bit too much. There were so many secrets that I felt a bit overwhelmed by it. You had secret, after secret, after secret,…

I felt misled, and incredibly disappointed that it was not what both the blurb, the cover and the author promised me. I'm not going to lie, it took me till about the 20% mark to truly get into this book. It had a bit of a slow start for me, but as the book went on I loved it more and more. The last half especially was perfect. Gracie and her grumpy hero stole my heart and this book left me with the biggest smile on my face. It was magical and I didn't want it to end. Synopsis: [Translated from French] “What if your employment contract turned into… (but we won’t tell you what!) Given how long it took for this book to be published, I had a hunch that this would be a completely different story both for her and us. ( If you give this one star and say you're a fan of MZ, I'll despise you. I'm not sorry. You all know that I'm a judgmental bitch.) Also, there was a lot more...filler than her books usually have. A LOT more downtime where not all that much was happening. A LOT of things that felt repetitious.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get into it, in about 40% of the book, I really thought it would be a dnf for me. I had to take 4 days off of this book, which is not normal for me because I usually read MZ books in 1-2 days max. I couldn't dnf Marian Zapata's book ( i love her too much ), so I gave her a chance, and after about 50% in the book it finally started to get a little bit more interesting. If the whole book had been like the last 20%, I probably would have given it 3 stars, but that obviously didn't happen. I was really excited when this book was released, because 1 it was released on my birthday and 2 NEW MARIANA ZAPATA BOOK?!?!!!?? Only MZ can publish a new book all of sudden, when no one expected it. This book is something completely different from her previous books, because a superhero romance? As for Gracie, her remarkable tolerance for Alexander is truly astounding. She possesses the patience of a saint! Additionally, the banter between them was so entertaining that it often left me in fits of uncontrollable laughter. Gracie Castro lives a lonely life. Since her grandparents died, she has had only herself. She's learned to be okay with it because it's the only choice she has. Then, one day, a grumpy superhero bursts into her life, quite literally. This man ends up in her garden in an accident and gets badly hurt. Gracie knows who he is and although she doesn't really want to, she ends up helping him and taking care of him. Then inevitably their lives come together and they don't think they can ever be separated again."

My nod was so serious, even I almost bought it. “I’m sure.” He was gorgeous after all. “As long as you didn’t actually open your mouth.❞ Everything Mariana writes is pure gold . . . a true gift to romance readers everywhere’ Ali Hazelwood, New York Times bestselling author So many tropes: grumpy- sunshine, one bed, kidnapping, fated mates, etc etc; I don’t want to spoil this for y’all but this will have you smiling from ear to ear. Un romance "paranormal" entre Gracie, una simple humana y The Defender, un superhéroe. No os voy a mentir, para mi el inicio fue bastante lento, no me enganché de verdad hasta más o menos el 15%, aunque el inicio se me hizo algo pesado no sé qué tienen sus libros que son adictivos. And now that I've finished it, I can definitely see why this wasn't a hit for a lot of people. MZ takes the slow burn train as par for the course. But this thing? Took slow to a whole other level.Want more of Mariana’s delicious slow burn? Why not try TikTok hit From Lukov With Love next, and don’t miss any of her romances beloved by millions of readers!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment