276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Enola Holmes: The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets: An Enola Holmes Mystery: 3

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is book three so I would suggest reading the previous two books to understand some of the references and the characters used but that's not totally necessary. It doesn't take long to get to know the characters, especially Enola, with a lot of her first-person dialogue. The above example is the only reason Enola ever gives for her not wanting to marry ever. That’s the only reason. Once again, if women are so cool, why is matrimony such a bad thing? Abseits des "gesellschaftlichen Lebens" im viktorianischen London ist Enola sehr frei aufgewachsen, was vor allem durch die unkoventionelle Lebensart ihrer Mutter zustande kam. Diese ist jedoch verschwunden und Enola seither auf sich allein gestellt - und sie bekommt ihr Leben sehr gut in den Griff! To acquire the supplies she needs for her disguise, Enola visits a shop run by a woman who calls herself Pertelote. It transpires that Pertelote is an accomplice to Watson's kidnapping, and that Pertelote's sister is behind it. Now, while it does take some clever work on Enola's part to figure that out, she would never have been in position to do so without this huge coincidence.

I libri di Nancy Springer sono sempre piacevoli da leggere, scorrevoli, trama intrigante, personaggi interessanti. Ottimo per trascorrere alcune ore in completo relax. Nah, itu dia Grameds ulasan novel Kisah Misteri Enola Holmes: Misteri Buket Bunga Kematian karya Nancy Springer. Bagi kalian yang penasaran akan petualangan Enola untuk menemukan Dr. Watson, segera dapatkan novel ini hanya di Gramedia.com. For when Enola visits the grieving Mrs. Watson, she discovers a decidedly bizarre bouquet among the standard bunches of flowers signifying condolences. Composed of an odd and sinister assortment of flowers, the bizarre bouquet seems to have been sent by someone who wanted revenge on Dr and/or Mrs Watson, and who is very happy the Doctor is missing. Perhaps the sender of the bouquet is also the one responsible for Dr. Watson's disappearance..! I just finished a road trip with my 10 year old granddaughter. We listened to this book instead of music. She is an avid reader who loved the PBS Enola Holmes show. We both were intrigued by this case and enjoyed the book.If Enola is going to solve this case, she is going to employ some of her most clever disguises yet! After paying a visit to Mrs. Watson, Enola sees a very odd bouquet amongst the flowers sent by well-wishers. Enola is familiar with the language of flowers, and this paticular arrangement conveys a very negative message indeed. When she realizes that Dr. Watson might be in grave danger (pun intended), Enola springs into action. In an earlier volume, Seth, Anaya, and Petra began growing physical characteristics that made them realize they were half alien. Seth has wings, Petra has a tail, and Anaya has fur. They also have the power of telepathy, which Anaya uses to converse with Terra, a cryptogen rebel looking for human allies who could help stop the invasion of Earth. Terra plans to use a virus stored in the three teens’ bodies to disarm the flyers, which are the winged aliens that are both masterminding the invasion and enslaving the other species of cryptogens known as swimmers and runners. But Terra and her allies can’t pull any of this off without the help of Anaya, Seth, and Petra. Although the trio is anxious about their abilities, they don’t have much of a choice—the entire human race is depending on them for salvation. Like its predecessors, this trilogy closer is fast-paced and well structured. Despite its post-apocalyptic setting, the story is fundamentally character driven, and it is incredibly satisfying to watch each protagonist overcome their inner battles within the context of the larger human-alien war. Main characters read as White. The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets is the third book in the Enola Holmes series. Even if you are unfamiliar with this series, you might be able to deduce that Miss Enola is the younger sister of the famous detective. After her mother’s disappearance, Enola runs away from home and has been living in London. She has her own detective business, and solves mysteries in between evading her brothers and trying to figure out what happened to her mother. This is the moment teens Seth, Anaya, and Petra have both been anticipating and dreading ever since aliens called cryptogens began attempting to colonize the Earth: the chance to defend their planet.

Oh, and Enola tells a story of a women who was put away into an insane asylum because she sat down on the ground in her dress and her husband thought it was less embarrassing than divorce. Um….. okay. This author really wants to portray these times as just a living hell, doesn’t she? Come sempre il libro è pieno di dettagli dell'epoca, tra usi, costumi e cibo, tutto è studiato con minuziosa attenzione. Mycroft seems to care a bit more about stuff than was previously thought. Oh, and he knows about flowers! In questo terzo volume della saga edita in Italia da DeA, ho trovato un miglioramento madornale della penna dell'autrice, nonché una vera marcia in più nelle vicende. Vor allem die Atmosphäre ist wieder grandios eingefangen von einem düsteren London, der Armut, der Kulisse und mit vielen Details, die das Leben damals sehr lebendig einfangen. Dabei streut die Autorin auch immer wieder Wörter und interessante Infos ein, ohne den Erklär-Bär zu spielen, sondern lässt es direkt in die Handlung einfließen. Da die Reihe für jüngere Leser gedacht ist finde ich das super, um Wissen zu vermitteln, das in eine fesselnde Handlung integriert ist. Das ist mir auch schon in den vorherigen Bänden aufgefallen und ist definitiv ein großer Pluspunkt. Genauso wie die doch anspruchsvolle Schreibweise, die sicher auch ihre Freunde findet bei der jungen Generation und eben auch für Erwachsene ein absolutes Lesevergnügen ist!I can't give a very detailed review of this book because I've been binging books 3-6 of this series and now they're all a blur. Perkenalkan saya Nandy dan saya memiliki ketertarikan dalam dunia menulis. Saya juga suka membaca buku, sehingga beberapa buku yang pernah saya baca akan direview.

A heartily satisfying string of entertaining near-catastrophes, replete with narrow squeaks and spectral howls. Once again, an interesting adventure involving Enola. With these books, it's really "Keep it simple". So by that I mean that nothing was written here to stretch, but everything has to do with the case and the time around it.The villain is a mentally ill woman. I dislike this in general, because it’s easy for authors to use this as an excuse for a flawed plot: it doesn’t have to make sense, because the villain’s crazy! It also makes for gruesome scenes. And yes, this book has them. The lady’s face got eaten by rats. Auch hier wurden wieder recht erwachsene Themen untergebracht mit Referenzen zu den Impfgegnern des 19. Jahrhunderts und der Versorgung psychisch kranker Leute zu dieser Zeit. Ich kann diese Buchreihe also nur empfehlen.

And this book was amazingly cool from start to finish! Mostly because this time Enola's full focus was on the case she was dealing with. And not without reason, because James Watson is missing and she did specialize in finding lost people, didn't she? And therefore this book contains a lot of scheming, planning, going undercover, asking the right and wrong questions and some action where our Enola comes very close to a dangerous enemy. Enola shows herself to be an intelligent, rational, resourceful, and brave protagonist. Readers will look forward to hearing this heroine's unique voice again." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review Enola shows herself to be an intelligent, rational, resourceful, and brave protagonist. Readers will look forward to hearing this heroine's unique voice again. -- Publishers Weekly, starred review

More like 3.5 STARS; though I did enjoy it, I think the stellar audiobook narration enhanced it and I might have been a bit bored at times were I simply reading this.) Del primero me gustó sobre todo la primera mitad, la segunda fue muy diferente a lo que yo esperaba en base a la peli, y fue más infantil de lo que tenía en mente. Con sus más y sus menos, esta novela se lee en un suspiro y se agradece que en ningún momento se infantilicen los comportamientos de los personajes. A esto hay que sumarle que la autora sabe introducir bien en la trama explicaciones sobre costumbres del siglo XIX en Inglaterra, y aprovecha para hacer una denuncia contra algunas injusticias. En esta ocasión, lo que más se toca es la facilidad para encerrar a alguien es una institución mental, especialmente a mujeres, solo por tener actitudes “reprochables” o poco decoro. No se ahonda en exceso en el asunto, pero se aprenden cosas.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment